Senior ITS Operations Engineer
Location: Brisbane City
Job Type: Full time
At Transurban, our Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) teams use the brightest ideas and most inspired engineering to translate into safer, more efficient roads to enhance the road-user experience.
They also create roads for the future with automated toll collections, advanced control systems that monitor and manage traffic on the road - detecting traffic incidents, and even predicting when an accident is more likely to happen. They're making roads ready for driverless cars and using smart traffic flow to get us to where we're going faster. A career here makes a difference you can feel.
As a Senior ITS Operations Engineer, you'll monitor and maintain critical operational electronic and information technology systems to ensure a smooth and safe flow of traffic throughout some of Brisbane's key transport corridors and maintaining Transurban's reputation as a world class tollway operator.
Predominantly working from our Kedron based offices and with some presence at the head office in Brisbane CBD's George Street, this is an operational role that is regularly involved in project led change that will require you to be onsite while also working as part of an after-hours on-call roster to support operations. When not on-call, the role offers flexible and hybrid working.
The impact you'll have
- You'll monitor and maintain all sorts of specialised equipment including PABXs and Trunked radio, data network equipment, CCTV equipment, Traffic Flow Systems, PLCs and Building Security System.
- You'll collaborate internally with Transurban Queensland's project delivery and assets teams with current and future ITS system and network upgrade projects.
- Working together, you'll provide guidance and direction to sub-contractors and other teams, to resolve and escalate system faults, conduct maintenance and restoration works.
- You'll act as a Senior escalation point and provide 1st and 2nd level support to our Traffic Control and Operations Centres - you'll maintain applications, client operation systems, desktop equipment, server equipment, specialised systems and networked systems.
- You'll ensure our ITS Systems are performing to their availability and reliability targets - you'll monitor them closely and conduct maintenance and system upgrades to keep them operating at their best.
- You'll provide 1st and 2nd level support to ETC Systems through the maintenance and administration of Roadside Tolling Systems.
- You'll never stop improving, bringing innovation and keeping up to date with emerging technology - always thinking bigger.
The talents you'll bring
- You've worked in a similar Senior level electrical, electronic or IT system support role maintaining critical systems in a 24/7 environment.
- You've completed your TAFE, or equivalent trade qualification, in Systems, Electrical, Electronic, or an Engineering degree in Systems / Electrical / Electronic Engineering - so you know your stuff.
- Analytical and incisive, you'll spot issues and use your own ingenuity - and that of your team to troubleshoot.
- A natural people person and avid problem solver you love communicating and collaborating to solve problems and achieve goals.
- You're organised, efficient and decisive in in prioritising the tasks that count, pressure doesn't faze you.
- You have a license to drive - you love everything about our roads after all.
The rewards you'll earn
- We'll make sure you have the tools you need to work smart and live better - including remote & flexible working.
- We'll develop you the way you want, with, training and career planning.
- We'll help you be healthy with flu vaccinations and mental health support through our EAP and wellness facilities.
- We'll invite you to plenty of social activities, including ones that give back to our communities through paid volunteer days.
- We'll offer flexible leave, insurance and salary continuance.
- We'll offer you 16 weeks paid parental leave (no waiting period) and paid domestic and family violence leave.
At Transurban we are driven by bringing people and places closer. Together, we're building a future that marries traditional infrastructure with emerging technology. We're making roads ready for driverless cars and predicting accidents before they happen. We're getting people where they're going. And we're doing it faster, smarter and safer.
We believe in equality. We treat everyone with fairness, consideration and respect, regardless of gender, cultural background, religious beliefs, sexuality or personal circumstances - whether they work for us or not. We want to ensure everyone feels comfortable to express themselves and their opinions.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
However, please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. Previous applicants are also encouraged to apply.
Start changing the world around you. Click Apply now!