Finance Manager - General Accounting
Job Type: Full time
Working at Transurban is different; it's a place where you can see the benefits of your work play out in real life, every day. We create city-sized solutions-building and operating safer, smarter, and more sustainable roads-to solve pressing transport challenges that are slowing cities down.
About the role
We're seeking a Finance Manager who will be responsible for overseeing and managing an accounting team of 5 direct reports to achieve 100% meeting of close and control timetables, lead continuous improvement through process consistency, standardisation, automation, and developing talent within the accounting team. The team focus is on corporate, group and treasury accounting, including a number of complex accounting areas.
You'll join a highly engaged team of talented individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who pride themselves on collaboration, strong operational excellence, and also enjoy each other's company. We get lots done, but we also have a lot of fun while doing it!
As our Finance Manager, you'll contribute to the overall success of the Accounting Services team and ultimately Transurban's strategy. It's meaningful, challenging and exciting work.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Provide regular leadership, mentoring and coaching to all team members
- Actively build a high performing team
- Oversee and manage month-end processes to ensure the timetable is met
- Ensure that the general ledger and other accounting processes are effectively managed
- Lead processes and control improvements and automation across accounting team
- In collaboration with the Accounting Policy & Advisory team, manage complex accounting issues in treasury and group accounting
- Liaise with one Finance and other relevant stakeholders to develop better processes and ensure consistent application of accounting principles across Transurban
- Manage and deliver the budget and forecasting process for treasury and corporate deliverables, ensure timetables are met and high-quality deliverables produced
This role will suit someone with a curious mind and transferrable skills and experiences, including:
- Appropriate qualifications with previous accounting experience in complex areas / businesses
- Confidence in managing people through ambiguity and complexity
- Effective resource management skills with focus on prioritisation
- Effective collaboration and partnering with stakeholders (internal and external) skills
- Agile and comfortable with change & a growth mindset
- Strong focus on operational excellence to drive the best outcomes
- Ability to evaluate and establish processes and procedures
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
If you meet some of these requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
With a career at Transurban, you'll enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- A range of flexible working and leave options, including the option to purchase an additional six weeks of leave each year
- 16 weeks paid parental leave (regardless of gender or carer status), with no waiting period, with Superannuation paid during unpaid leave as well
- Learning and development opportunities to support your career interests
- Health and wellbeing support-access to Headspace and our EAP program, wellness facilities, and more
- Share offers and insurance benefits
- Social activities, community give-back programs and paid volunteer days
We offer a range of flexible working and leave options, so you can balance your work and life commitments and interests. Have a conversation with us about how this could work for you.
We embrace diversity with a foundation of safety, wellbeing and inclusion; where everyone belongs. We treat everyone with fairness, consideration and respect, regardless of gender, gender identity, marital or family status, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, religious beliefs, cultural or socio-economic background, perspective, and experience - whether they work for us or not. We want to ensure everyone feels comfortable and safe to express ideas, questions and concerns.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds and lived experiences, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people living with disability. If you require any adjustments or support during the recruitment process, please contact us on .
Ready to help us keep cities moving? Apply today.