Commercial Manager - New Energy
Job Type: Contract/temp, Full time
UGL is well-known and respected for providing end-to-end engineering, construction, and maintenance service, we partner with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions making us the number one contractor in Australia.
We as a business are starting strong for 2022 with 10.5billion of work in hand.
The UGL New Energy Team had a great 2021, successfully delivering 2 x Tesla Megapack installations, and as well winning 2 Solar Farm projects which exceeded our target work in hand at year end.
We are leading the way in New Energy – As we continue to deliver & evolve, we are looking for an experienced Commercial Manager to join our team.
UGL promotes diversity and alternate ways of working including part-time.
About the role
The Commercial Manager will manage and provide coaching and guidance to the Project Team on all commercial aspects of Project delivery whilst providing governance oversight of the client contract with the goal to maximise project profit and ensure compliance.
- Provide advice to the Project Manager and Project Team on contract interpretation, contractual issues, and draft necessary correspondence to pursue UGL’s rights
- Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of, and provide commercial input to, the monthly Project Report and financial forecasting
- Participate in Project risk / opportunity reviews, assist in evaluation of identified risks / opportunities and, with the Project Manager, develop and agree strategies and management plans to mitigate identified risks and maximise identified opportunities
- Work with the Project Manager and the Project Leadership Team to develop, agree and implement contractual strategies which maximise UGL profit and minimise risk, including extensions of time and variations
- Negotiate key supply and works subcontracts and obtain all necessary internal approvals for any deviations from UGL standard subcontract terms in accordance with UGL Procurement Policy
- Work with the Project Contracts Administrator to ensure seamless flow through (up and down) of claims and risks transfer from/to suppliers and subcontractors as applicable
- Facilitate and support the change management process on the Project and proactively participate in a culture of continuous improvement
- Responsible for UGL’s overall compliance with the Contract
- Develop rights and obligations manual and proforma contract notices
- Co-ordinate the preparation, submission and agreement of variation claims under the Contract to maximise Project revenue and profit
- Support the Project Procurement Leads (PPLs), if needed in the implementation of the Project Procurement Plan to support the project needs
- Oversight of the financial forecasting process to provide relevant and timely insights to the project team and comply with monthly project reporting requirements
- Provide leadership, direction, supervision, coaching and inspirational management to all team members (direct & indirect)
- Extensive experience in managing contracts, accounting, and administration
- AS 9001 quality systems knowledge; leadership qualities; excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Degree in Business/Commerce, Accounting, Engineering or Law
- Proactively seek to continuously improve performance, deliverables, and work efficiencies
- Display a positive approach to safety
- Display effective verbal and written communication capability
- High level of personal resilience and persistence
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Must be customer focused, team oriented, accountable and results driven
- Must be energetic with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability and willingness to adapt, quickly learn and use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changing structure, process, information and/or technology
- Excellent relationship building, problem solving, negotiation and leadership skills
Please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include a national criminal history check and a requirement for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol screen.
What we offer
When you join UGL, you’ll get to shape the nation alongside Australia’s best experts. With greater exposure to large-scale projects end-to-end, you can develop wildly and fast. You’ll be empowered to follow your curiosity and supported to carve out your dream career-life journey.
As a diversified services organisation, UGL appreciates the diversity and richness of its people, and seeks to create inclusive environments that promote your talent and skills.
- Discounted private Health insurance
- Salary Continuance Insurance
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Salary sacrifice
- Novated leasing
- A Strong Health and Safety Culture
- Dedicated Wellness Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational and leadership development opportunities
- Access endless career options and pathways through the CIMIC Group