O&M Site Supervisor - New Energy
Location: Multiple Locations
Job Type: Contract/temp, Full time
UGL is well-known and respected for providing end-to-end engineering, construction, and maintenance service, we partner with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions making us the number one contractor in Australia.
We as a business are starting strong for 2022 with 10.5billion of work in hand.
The UGL New Energy Team had a great 2021, successfully delivering 2 x Tesla Megapack installations, and as well winning 2 Solar Farm projects which exceeded our target work in hand at year end.
We are leading the way in New Energy – As we continue to deliver & evolve, we are looking for an experienced O&M Site Supervisor to join our team.
UGL promotes diversity and alternate ways of working including part-time.
About the role
The O&M Site Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of the allocated site(s) including primary client liaison, site stakeholder management, maximising the site’s energy output, enforcing rights, and delivering on obligations (esp. KPIs) in the relevant documents (EPC and O&M), application of and adherence to UGL Policies and UGL Renewables Site Management Tools, and performing site maintenance. This role is performed in close coordination with the offsite Technical Services team and via implementation of the site management plans, UGL procedures, NSP/AEMO/NER requirements, and vendor recommendations.
- Ensure all work performed at site is performed in a safe manner whilst positively supporting a safety culture and systems to support this.
- Ensure compliance with all HSE and emergency plans / procedures incl ensuring they are displayed as appropriate
- Maintain constant open communication with clear direction for all site personnel. This includes overseeing/running toolbox / pre-start meetings helping to foster a close and productive team environment.
- Develop and implement safety systems such as Safe Work Method Statements, pre-work checklists and risk assessments for all works performed on the site.
- Manage the performance and availability of the site to maximise generation with the support of the offsite technical services team
- Approval of client monthly / weekly reports and attendance at client monthly meetings
- Coordinate with offsite technical services team and Reporting Manager to develop any additional check sheets for contract compliance to supplement those required for OEM warranty compliance
- Supervise, plan, and allocate work to the site team to ensure a high quality of workmanship and efficiency. This includes manhour tracking / timesheets, performance management and managing reports, approved leave / absenteeism, training, performance reviews, grievances / conflict, etc.
- Co-ordinate site resources to ensure compliance with all project plans (incl ITP signoffs), UGL / CIMIC policies, procedures, etc.
- Ensure all work performed is in accordance with the current AS/NZS 3000, AS/NZS 2068, AS/NZS 4777, AS/NZS 5033, Electricity Act 1992, Electrical Safety Regulations, relevant standards, codes, and legislation
- Trained and experienced in HV switching (not essential but preferred).
- Previous accreditation and experience in either / all generation, transmission, renewables, and/or distribution
- Hold a current driver’s license
- Hold a current electrical license
- Proactively seek to continuously improve performance, deliverables, and work efficiencies
- Ability to effectively and pro-actively work unsupervised and as part of a team
- Willingness to effectively mentor team members in a manner that supports and encourages their development
- Display a positive approach to safety and quality
- Display effective verbal and written communication capability
- Experienced in delivering work on time, and on budget to customer expectations
- Always portray a professional approach through attitude and appearance
- Excellent relationship building, problem solving, negotiation and leadership skills
Please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include a national criminal history check and a requirement for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol screen.
What we offer
When you join UGL, you’ll get to shape the nation alongside Australia’s best experts. With greater exposure to large-scale projects end-to-end, you can develop wildly and fast. You’ll be empowered to follow your curiosity and supported to carve out your dream career-life journey.
As a diversified services organisation, UGL appreciates the diversity and richness of its people, and seeks to create inclusive environments that promote your talent and skills.
- Discounted private Health insurance
- Salary Continuance Insurance
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Salary sacrifice
- Novated leasing
- A Strong Health and Safety Culture
- Dedicated Wellness Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational and leadership development opportunities
- Access endless career options and pathways through the CIMIC Group