Commercial Manager - Oil & Gas Portfolio
Location: West Perth
Job Type: Full time
Every day, we’re all part of something bigger
Whatever the challenge, it’s a chance to connect clients with our people, process and technical excellence.
The Commercial Manager’s primary purpose is to develop and deliver on commercial strategies, undertake contract reviews and provide authoritative advice to senior management on matters relating to commercial opportunities and risk associated with the portfolio to ensure financial success of the business. This position will also play a key function to the pre-contracts and execution teams.
About the role\:
- Managing the governance process and outcomes associated with winning new work and the management of allocated budgets for these tasks
- Provide your commercial and financial expertise during the pre-contract stage through to project execution and completion
- Provide direction and support to project team for the management and negotiation of major claims and disputes with subcontractors and clients
- Work with the Leadership Team to develop, agree and implement commercial solutions
- Aligning UGL with opportunities that are linked to UGL’s strategic plan
- Keep abreast of key client opportunities, delivery processes and strategic directions
- Ensure that all tender risks are captured and assessed and valued and included in tender, or, where necessary, qualifications and clarifications are included
- Degree qualified – Engineering, Project Management, Commerce, Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- Strong exposure to the mining, oil & gas markets
- Previous experience in commercial and contractual management of lump sum projects; schedule of rates and cost reimbursable in an engineering and construction environment, preferably in Australia
- Proven track record in driving change management and dispute resolution
- Sound knowledge and practical experience in the application of commercial and contract law
- Experience in consultation and stakeholder management
What we offer\:
- Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- The chance to join a 6,000 strong organisation owned by the CIMIC Group, one of the world's leading international contractors
- Pathways for you to succeed and the space for you to carve your own journey
- Competitive group remuneration and benefits including\: health and wellbeing program with company-funded salary continuance insurance
- A culture that values diversity and innovation, evolving with market changes and new technologies
UGL Pty Limited is a leading provider of end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services. We are active across rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies.
As a diversified services organisation, UGL appreciates the diversity and richness of its people, and seeks to create inclusive environments that promote your talent and skills.