Location: Brisbane City
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
Reporting to the Commissioning Manager, this role is responsible for effectively managing the permit to work procedure project wide.
You will be responsible for\:
- Ensuring the Permit to Work procedure meets the relevant safety KPI’s in accordance with project objectives; including\: design criteria, safety, profit, cost, quality, time and environmental management.
- Managing the rollout of a digital permit to work system.
- Managing all project PTW training, setting up of PTW offices and recruiting the PTW team.
- Working in conjunction with the CPS team to resolve design items and open RFI’s, in particular for legacy knowledge.
- Developing and reviewing construction planning and monitoring progress to ensure all elements of the project are on schedule and within budget; taking corrective action as required.
- Developing procurement strategies and efficiently manage the procurement of subcontractors and suppliers with the designated area / discipline.
- Ensuring all subcontractors/labor understand the scope of work assigned to them, their related contractual obligations and policies and procedures.
- Identifying, in conjunction with the Superintendent, incomplete and defective work to meet the project Objective of Progressive Completion.
- Either a recognized degree in engineering discipline OR other relevant tertiary qualification.
- Member of Institution of Engineers Australia (IEAust) or Institution of Professional Engineers New Zealand (IPENZ) desirable
- Electrical background
- Experience in HV/LV switching
- Understanding of commissioning zones and boundary isolations
- Relevant experience in construction at a senior level
- Manage teams across whole of project to deliver work
- Demonstrated commercial experience to include project planning through full project life cycle
What we offer
- Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- The chance to join a 6,000 strong organisation owned by the CIMIC Group, one of the world's leading international contractors
- Pathways for you to succeed and the space for you to carve your own journey
- Competitive group remuneration and benefits including\: health and wellbeing program with company-funded salary continuance insurance
- Flexible work arrangements - have a chat to us around how this can work for you
- A culture that values diversity and innovation, evolving with market changes and new technologies
- What makes you right for UGL
- Genuine concern for safety
- Capacity to flourish in a high-performance environment
- An innovative mindset and a willingness to challenge the norm
- You believe success and value are driven by real teams where everyone has a role to play
UGL Pty Limited is a leading provider of end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services. We are active across rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies.
As a diversified services organisation, UGL appreciates the diversity and richness of its people, and seeks to create inclusive environments that promote your talent and skills.
Job Ref No\: