Rail safety Advisor
Job Type: Full time
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
- Amelia Earhart
We have an immediate position available for an experienced Rail Safety Advisor to join our team based on the Gippsland Line Upgrade.
The position provides advice, assistance, guidance and support to project line management on all safety, health and environmental issues relevant to the project.
This position also assists with the induction of new staff to the Site, and the ongoing training of Health, Safety and Environmental procedures and systems.
Main responsibilities include\:
- Ensure all work in the rail corridor is compliant with the RTO procedures
- Undertake site walks with Supervisors, Engineers, sub-contractors and visitors
- Review infield allocation of TFPC’s to ensure efficiencies
- Monitor fatigue management of all staff (project/alliance/contractor)
- Provide clarification and interpretation on safe working rules
- Mentor and develop Rail Safety/Safe Working role on site
- Assist in the investigation of Rail Safety incidents and agreed implementations of actions
- Participate in Occupation planning, delivery and lessons learnt
- Attend daily Supervisors meetings
- Provide track protection advice to construction teams
The successful candidate will require\:
- Certificate IV Occupational Health and Safety;
- Certificate IV Workplace Training and Assessment (Desirable);
- Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical skills/knowledge in job-related areas; demonstrate ability to keep abreast of current developments and trends in area of expertise;
- Ability to manage and coordinate project teams accordingly, ensuring safe delivery of product in compliance with client and Company specifications;
- Experience within a similar role in the industrial / construction environment.
You’ve got this!