Undergraduate Data Analyst
Job Type: Casual
We believe success and value are driven by real teams where everyone has a role to play.
Our people work on challenging and exciting projects, shape the way we evolve, adapt and transform the industries that we work in. We rally together, drawing on the diverse skills across our teams and create environments where great ideas are heard.
About the role
- We are seeking an Undergraduate Data Analyst to to operate and maintain the existing excel-based programme for workforce planning and forecasting.
- You’ll be responsible for maintaining and debugging visual basic software
- Gather metrics on workforce demand using excel and visual basic software
- Keep data relevant and up to date
- Work closely with the People & Culture team, internal stake holders and other business units to establish forecasts
- Improve upon existing software framework.
- Must be proficient in Excel – Pivot tables, sorting and categorising data, advanced formulas
- Experience with Visual Basic (VBA) or other programming languages highly advantageous
- Proficient in coding and programming.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organise and prioritise workload
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to adapt, quickly learn and put to use new skills and knowledge
- Studying towards tertiary qualification particularly in Software Engineering or related technology streams highly desirable.
What we offer
- Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- The chance to join a 6,000 strong organisation owned by the CIMIC Group, one of the world's leading international contractors
- Pathways for you to succeed and the space for you to carve your own journey
- Competitive group remuneration and benefits including\: health and wellbeing program with company-funded salary continuance insurance
- Flexible work arrangements - have a chat to us around how this can work for you
- A culture that values diversity and innovation, evolving with market changes and new technologies
What makes you right for UGL
- Genuine concern for safety
- Capacity to flourish in a high-performance environment
- An innovative mindset and a willingness to challenge the norm
- You believe success and value are driven by real teams where everyone has a role to play
UGL Pty Limited is a leading provider of end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services. We are active across rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies.
As a diversified services organisation, UGL appreciates the diversity and richness of its people, and seeks to create inclusive environments that promote your talent and skills.