Campaign Project Officer (Communications & Engagement)
The University of Newcastle
Job Type: Part time
- Contribute to initiatives that are changing lives and driving groundbreaking research
- Support students, faculty and research projects making a difference in the world
- Be part of a culture that values collaboration, creativity and innovation
- Part Time 3 days per week
Be challenged and imagine with us
At the University of Newcastle, we are committed to transforming lives through groundbreaking research, education, and fostering enduring relationships with our alumni and supporters. We are seeking a dedicated Campaign Project Officer (Communications and Engagement) to play a crucial role in helping us achieve our philanthropic and engagement goals. If you have a marketing background, a passion for brand strategy, and a desire to make a difference, this is an exciting opportunity to contribute to our mission.
As a Campaign Project Officer for Communications and Engagement you will be a key player in implementing our Advancement Strategy for 2023-2027. This role focuses on enhancing communication and engagement with our alumni and philanthropic community in preparation for the University's inaugural comprehensive campaign. Working closely with various teams within the Office of Alumni and Philanthropy, you will develop and execute strategic communication initiatives aligned with our campaign guidelines.
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop cohesive communication and messaging strategies for our comprehensive campaign, leveraging your marketing and brand strategy expertise.
- Manage and execute communication and engagement initiatives that elevate the University's profile and foster enduring relationships with key stakeholders, including alumni and supporters.
- Support the Executive Director and Campaign team in coordinating advancement strategy development, resource management, policy implementation, and fostering a collaborative and high-performance culture within the Office of Alumni and Philanthropy.
- Work alongside other dedicated communication professionals to ensure the effective delivery of campaign readiness initiatives that enable us to realize our strategic priorities.
This Fixed Term position is part time at a HEW 5 Higher Education Level and will be based at Callaghan Campus (Awabakal and Worimi land)
About our University
The University of Newcastle stands as a global leader distinguished by a commitment to equity and excellence. Our vision is to be a world-leading University for our regions and creating a better future for our regions and the globe. Underpinned by this vision and our values of excellence, equity, engagement and sustainability, the University of Newcastle’s Looking Ahead Strategic Plan 2020-2025 outlines the University’s commitment to delivering an exceptional student experience and serving our communities.
For more information click here – Our Uni.
About the Unit
The Office of Alumni and Philanthropy (OAP) sits within the Global Engagement and Partnerships Division and leads the implementation of the University of Newcastle’s Advancement Strategy.
The practice of Advancement (alumni and philanthropic engagement) plays a key role in the delivery of Looking Ahead, the University of Newcastle Strategic Plan 2020-2025, and achieving its goals. The OAP comprises four teams:
- Alumni Programs
- Community Fundraising and Donor Relations
- Advancement Operations
What we offer
In addition to working for a university that is breaking boundaries, discovering new ways of thinking and cementing a place as a global leader, we offer a range of benefits to our employees to ensure you balance your commitments, stay healthy and work effectively.
- The remuneration for this position is from $74,863- $86,842 FTE pro-rated + superannuation and is commensurate with skills and experience
- Flexible working arrangements (in line with the University’s Flexible Work Policy
- 17% super and salary packaging
- Additional University Holiday days, generous personal leave and parental leave, annual leave loading and additional purchased leave scheme
- Discounts in private health insurance, gym memberships, software, travel and more
- Wellbeing programs
Your next steps
Please visit here for a guide on how to apply for a role.
If viewing this on a job board other than the University's please click ‘Apply’ to reach the University's website, where a copy of the Position Description can be accessed. Please download a copy before commencing your application.
Your application must include:
- Your resume
- A cover letter outlining your motivation to apply for this opportunity
- A statement addressing the Essential Criteria listed below:
- Completion of a Marketing, Business or Communications or related degree without subsequent relevant work experience; or completion of an associate diploma and at least 2 years subsequent relevant experience in marketing, communications, or a related field; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated experience producing on-strategy content with high attention to detail and knowledge of best practices to maximise audience engagement and minimise risk.
- Excellent written communications skills with demonstrated ability to write compelling content for a variety of channels with strong project coordination skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including the ability to work independently and participate in a team environment demonstrating clear communication and mutual respect.
- Demonstrated attention to detail with high-level administrative skills, including competency Office 365 and exposure to corporate systems such as CRM (Constituent Relationship Management) databases and project management software.
- Proven organisation and time management skills, including the ability to manage multiple competing priorities and expectations through multi-tasking, prioritising, and problem-solving.
Please upload your Cover Letter and response to the requested Criteria as one PDF document.
Your Cover Letter and Response to the Essential Criteria should not exceed 4 pages (approximately 2,000 words).
If you are ready to use your marketing and communication skills to drive positive change and make a lasting impact in the world of philanthropy and alumni engagement, we encourage you to apply and be part of our dynamic team. Together we can achieve remarkable results and transform lives.
For specific position enquiries, please contact Samantha Francka, Campaign Coordinator via email email@example.com
Having Difficulties? Please reach out to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday 11th October 2023 at 11.59pm AEST
We are excited to be Looking Ahead with you