Chef De Partie
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities.
In partnership with the Australia Defence Force, we are seeking a Chef De Partie to join us on a full-time basis at Anglesea Barracks defence base in Hobart, Tasmania.
Your previous hospitality experience, strong work ethic and willingness to learn will hold you in good stead. This is a hands-on role where you will be required to work in the kitchen as well as undertaking administrative duties.
Chef duties may include:
- Support the Head Chef with daily mess operations and food service, including routine meals, in-flight rations, field rations and mess functions
- Operating large-volume cooking equipment
- Ensure all areas of the kitchen are clean, sanitised and presentable at all times.
- Support and participate in the implementation and management Ventia’s Food Safety Program.
- Participate in regular stock take and inventory control activities.
- Serving of meals and handing of cash register
Skills and Experience:
- Commercial Cookery Certificate III, or above (or equivalent)
- Experience in a large commercial kitchen
- Ability to work well both within a team and on own initiative
- Ability to adapt to changing demands to meet needs, especially at busy times
- Able to think on feet and act quickly upon instruction
- Great attitude towards work and a wanting to learn the role and environment quickly
You must be an Australian Citizen and have the ability to maintain a Defence clearance in order to be eligible for these positions, as well as be able to pass an Australian Federal Police Check and Medical Pre-Employment Checks as required by the contract.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Position Reference Number: 148804