Fire Management 2ic
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
About the role:
Ventia have provided Parks & Roadsides Maintenance services to the Mornington Peninsula Shire for over 2 decades. We are currently seeking a natural leader who will strive to deliver exceptional results for the Shire and it’s community as a 21C for our Fire Management Crew.
As a leader in our Fire Management crew your will be primarily responsible for overseeing all operations and team management in relation to creating and implementing strategies to achieve fuel reduction in relation to managing and maintaining fire breaks within the Mornington Peninsula Shire.
- Lead by personal example and communicate all relevant information clearly to team members
- Ensure works are carried out with minimal disturbance to the environment and disruption to the community
- Assist in the development and implementation of works
- Assist in the induction and training of new or relocated employees
- Assist in the day-to-day running of works, including the allocation and monitoring of works
- Previous experience in a team leader/supervisor position within the Industry
- Tertiary qualification (i.e. minimum certificate III) in Conservation land Management or equivalent field
- Experience/ability in report writing & basic accounting
- Experience and understanding in using Microsoft Office suite of programs, i.e. Excel and Word as well as Email
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence (Manual);
Must have or willing to obtain:
- Construction Induction Card (White Card/Red Card)
- Level 2 Work Place First Aid Certification;
- Farm Chemical Users Certification;
- Level 1 Chainsaw Certifications (cross-cut or maintain chainsaws)
- Road Traffic Control Certification
Please Note: This role is based out of our Mornington depo and the candidate will be rostered to work hours 7am-4:30pm Monday to Friday.
Successful candidates will need to complete a medical and police clearance to be eligible for this role.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents, and cultures. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
How to apply:
Select "Apply Now" to submit your application & CV.
Position Reference Number: 148356