Lead Project Manager
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
About the role
Ventia’s Defence Base Services (DBS) contract are seeking a suitably experienced Lead Project Manager to join their asset management team. This role is based at Leeuwin Barracks in East Fremantle and is offered on a permanent full-time basis. Please note, whilst this role is based locally, travel intrastate and interstate to other states/territories may be required, within your area of responsibility.
The primary purpose of this position will be to oversee the planning and execution of multiple multi-disciplined construction activities, to ensure that project outcomes are delivered in accordance with agreed requirements of time, quality and cost, and ensure they align harmoniously with the ‘value for money’ philosophy of the Client.
Reporting directly into the Regional Asset Manager for the southwest zone you have excellent client and stakeholder engagement skills and you adopt a collaborative and team-based approach when it comes to Project Management. You are analytical and a natural leader who can drive and embed best practise service delivery through the commitment of our people, to ensure project outcomes and specifications are met in a cost-effective manner.
You possess exceptional organisational capabilities, a high degree of motivation, energy and initiative, with the capacity to deal with multiple and often conflicting priorities. This, coupled with your experience managing Defence contract works will contribute to your success in this role.
Key duties, but not limited to:
- Plan and deliver multiple projects, in accordance with safety, time, quality and cost, including the monitoring and reporting against each
- Participate in relevant tender submissions including risk identification and mitigation, development of program and method of construction and provide input for benchmarking
- Implement effective project controls and mobilisation processes to ensure a timely and cost effective start up for all projects awarded, including the identification and retention of core resources, subcontractor arrangements and relevant management plans
- Oversee the delivery of projects to ensure margins are achieved and that the works are delivered safely and achieve all specific project outcomes including technical specifications, program, traffic management, quality and other client requirements
- Accountable for the profit and loss account for assigned projects
- Develop and enhance strong working relationships with our key client
- Lead small teams of project engineers, supervisors and contractors
- Actively participate in identifying, bidding and securing internal and external opportunities
Skills & experience:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or Project Management or equivalent experience
- Significant experience in construction and maintenance project management up to value of $15m – Defence contracts preferred
- Experience in interpreting engineering drawings, standards and specifications
- Strong understanding of commercial contracts and maintenance standards and practices
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills with the ability to collaborate and engage with people from various levels of the business
- Excellent ability to communicate, influence and negotiate work winning outcomes
- Exposure to SAP, Primavera P6, Hard Dollar & MS project highly desirable
Ventia offers you a flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter.
In addition, you will find a stimulating and rewarding working environment where we take our peoples careers seriously and help them to learn and grow.
This role comes with the added security of being offered as a permanent position with consideration of flexible working requirements.
About the company
Ventia is one of Australasia’s largest dedicated infrastructure service providers, Ventia is a new and dynamic organisation with a rich history. Our clients are the owners and operators of major infrastructure that is critical to our communities. No one else does exactly what we do in the way we do it. Making infrastructure work for our communities is at the heart of who we are and it’s what unites and excites us.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
How to apply
To apply please click on the "Apply" button to complete your application.
No matter who you are, we encourage you to apply for the job that’s right for you. We are keen to increase diversity across our business, so our workforce reflects the diverse communities in which we work. Our current focus is on employing more women at all levels of our organisation.
Job Reference Number: 148769