Location: Macquarie Park
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia Pty Ltd
As one of Australia's largest services businesses, we have a strong, inclusive culture that values our people and provides clear direction in our professional activities and our personal behaviours. We pride ourselves on safely delivering a high level of services for our clients.
Ventia provides a comprehensive range of operational maintenance, design and construction, remediation, and asset and facilities management services to clients and customers across the resources, telecommunications, transport, energy, water, health and industrial sectors.
Join our team, servicing our clients across Australia, and New Zealand in an exciting company that is structured for growth.
About the role
We have an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and suitably experienced Maintenance / Motorway Patroller to join the team at the Lane Cove Tunnel & M2 Motorway. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, some of the
key responsibilities of this role include:
- Operate a tow truck when required to assist the team with any breakdown or incidents
- Conduct routine maintenance and cleaning on associated buildings / structures.
- Operate the TMA vehicle to assist with removal of disabled vehicles and other obstructions from the motorway.
- Assist members of the public affected by incidents on the motorway, including the provision of first aid and firefighting when it is safe to do so.
- Liaise with and support emergency services personnel as required.
- Implement traffic control measures as required for maintenance activities or as a consequence of motorway incidents.
- Conduct routine maintenance and cleaning work as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Ensure that safe work practices are observed at all times and demonstrating on a daily basis personal behaviour that uphold our values
- Other duties as directed by the Maintenance Manager & Supervisor
As a successful applicant you would have the following abilities:
- Ability to maintain performance under a wide ranging workload and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Good communication skills
- Traffic Guidance Scheme Tickets (TGS)
- Basic computer skills
- Problem identification and resolution skills
- An understanding of OH&S, risk management and hazard identification
- Willingness to work some overtime is required.
- MR Drivers licence or higher
- TMA experience
- Tow Truck License
- A trade qualification would also be preferable
If you are a proactive individual with a Safety acumen and thrive working in high-pressure situations, then this is the role. Candidates with emergency services or similar industry experience with roads/tunnels will be highly regarded.
Please note this role is currently being recruited as a (7 day shifts Mon – Sun) or rotating roster (Mon to Sun Day & Nights)
What Ventia can offer
Apply today to join an organisation that delivers innovative, safety-focussed and performance driven solutions that can provide genuine opportunities for growth and development of your career.
Position Reference Number:148779