Roads Maintenance Labourer
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Road Maintenance Labourers – Multiple Vacancies in West Auckland, Henderson
- Join one of the top best places to work in NZ!
- Engage in hands-on work with a supportive management
- Enjoy a stable contract and make a difference in daily lives
What’s in it for me?
- There’s nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe.
- We look after each other and foster our people’s well-being.
This role provides you the opportunity to build your roading career while getting exposed to notable employers within our Transport contracts.
About the Role
Ventia has several labouring positions for our hardworking and motivated transport crews.These positions are for our Concrete, Dig Out, and Pagvement / Drainage crews.
We are after a mix of experienced or skilled and entry-level workers who have a passion for providing excellent and quality service and a desire to contribute to the fast growth of the NZ roads construction industry.
Your main responsibility will be to complete maintenance tasks within these established crews.
To be successful in this role, you should be motivated, and be willing to work hard to ensure the team and your own personal growth. Along with the below:
- Valid and current, full Class 1 driver’s license minimum
- Confident with a range of hand tools and motorised small tools
- Experience in the road maintenance industry (e.g. Dig Outs, Mill & Fill and other pavement treatments, asphalt placing, kerbing, drainage, etc) is definately an advantage
- Strong commitment to all Health and Safety practices
No formal qualifications are required, but basic handyman/maintenance skills are a definite advantage. STMS qualifications are also an advantage. You will need to be familiar with basic maintenance and construction equipment.
As this is a physical, manual role, you will need to be physically fit – the job requires digging, heaving lifting, and prolonged periods of walking, standing and bending.
Click on the APPLY NOW button found on this page. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to undergo a pre-employment medical (including a drug and alcohol check) and a Ministry of Justice check.
Ventia offers you a supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter.
Long term stable employment