Fitter/Armourer - Puckapunyal
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia, in partnership with the Australian Defence Force are currently seeking a Fitter and Turner / Armourer to join the team at Puckapunyal, located North of Melbourne near the regional town of Seymour.
Ensuring excellent work/life balance, you will work Monday – Thursday from 7am – 3:45 pm & finish early at 12:00 on Fridays while starting at a base wage $32.94 per hour. Opportunity to undergo future re-classification based on required additional skills held and further training.
This role see you perform all trade related weapon maintenance tasks, varying from installation and repair through to the reconditioning of military armaments and Defence support equipment.
About the role:
- Perform maintenance, servicing, repairs, and preventative maintenance on military equipment
- Safely operate machinery to repair, manufacture or modify required parts.
- Certify plant and equipment as serviceable and fit for purpose
- Fit and assemble parts
- Complete tasks within assigned time and budgetary constraints, escalating matters that will compromise these constraints at the earliest opportunity
- Compile maintenance related documentation and interact with Computer technology
- Undertake maintenance tasks as directed by the Supervisor
- Uniform, equipment specific training and tools will be provided
- Possess a recognisable Trade Certificate III Engineering Mechanical (Fitter & Turner) or equivalent trade qualifications.
- Armourer experience and/or qualifications (Desired)
- Willing to complete specific Defence Equipment maintenance training.
- Eligible to hold a Defence Security Clearance up to the level of Negative Vetting Level 1
- Must have valid Driver’s License
- Physically fit and enjoy hands-on work
Please note: To meet Defence requirements, you must be an Australian Citizen to be considered for this position.
What We Offer You:
Ventia have also partnered with some reputable organisations to be able to offer discounts on Health Insurance, Banking (new home loans, credit cards, everyday bank accounts), flights & accommodation, car hire, car leasing and much more, we also offer the following:
- A flexible, supportive, and inclusive work environment where you matter.
- We take our people's careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow.
- There's nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe.
- We look after each other and foster our people's wellbeing.
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents, and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success. Aboriginal and Torres Strait
Req ID: 144958