Pursuit/Business Development Lead
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager – Strategy and Growth, Ventia are seeking to engage a Pursuit/Business Development Lead. The role will see you responsible for identifying and guiding strategic opportunities through the opportunity lifecycle to drive Ventia’s growth in the Resources and Energy industry.
This role has the flexibility to see you located anywhere in Australia, working out of one of Ventia’s offices.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to
- Drive focused development and enhancement of Strategic Account Management Plans for specified customers
- Develop and build strong client relationships
- Identify and develop leads and specific opportunities for new contracts including extensions/expansions of existing contracts
- Ensure Ventia is engaged early with customers, steering the development and implementation of winning strategies
- Provide key input to refining and updating Ventia’s strategy for the Resources sector
- Taking a lead role in supporting and growing a culture of growing the business through a focus on our customers and adding value to their operations
To be successful you will have the following
- Tertiary qualification preferred but not essential
- Proven track record of successfully leading business development in delivery and/or construction environment
- Previous experience in key account management is highly regarded
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in business development or bid management in a technical service delivery environment; previous experience in Resources industry is an advantage
- Comprehensive understanding of tendering processes and the interplay between contracts, operations and commercial outcomes
- Proven ability to quickly assess management requirements and address issues
- Effective communications / teamwork across all levels
- Highly developed customer orientation
- Excellent, fluent written and verbal English skills, with ability to clearly articulate approach, requirements and timeframes to internal and external stakeholders
Ventia offers you a flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter.
In addition, you will find a stimulating and rewarding working environment where we take our peoples careers seriously and help them to learn and grow.
This role comes with the added security of being offered as a permanent position with consideration of flexible working requirements.
About the Company
Ventia is one of Australasia’s largest dedicated infrastructure service providers, Ventia is a new and dynamic organisation with a rich history. Our clients are the owners and operators of major infrastructure that is critical to our communities. No one else does exactly what we do in the way we do it. Making infrastructure work for our communities is at the heart of who we are and it’s what unites and excites us.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
How to apply
To apply please click on the "Apply" button to complete your application.
No matter who you are, we encourage you to apply for the job that’s right for you. We are keen to increase diversity across our business, so our workforce reflects the diverse communities in which we work. Our current focus is on employing more women at all levels of our organisation.