Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
- Work with a friendly, supportive and collaborative team
- Get access to learning and development opportunities that lead to career advancement
- Enjoy true flexible work arrangements – the opportunity to work from home on some days once settled
Ventia has an opportunity for an Administrator to join their Finance & Admin team based in Christchurch
What’s in it for me?
Contribute to Ventia’s exciting opportunity for an Administrator to join our Finance & Admin team based in Christchurch. This is a great opportunity for a motivated self-starter to build your corporate career within an essential industry.
Ventia is one of the region's largest suppliers of essential services and is proud to provide the expertise to keep the infrastructure working for our communities. No one else does exactly what we do in the way we do it.
About the Role
Ventia is recruiting a hardworking Administrator to provide a wide range of administrative support to the Electrical Services Team based in the South Island. A typical day at the office will see you doing payroll activities, accounts payable, working and maintaining excel spreadsheets, and enjoying your time with your team.
You will be responsible for providing finance and admin support to Project Finance Managers, and Project Operations teams during the month and over month-end close. You will primarily be working on SAP and will be carrying out general finance tasks such as Accounts Payable/Receivable, Timesheets, Invoicing, Purchase orders, Work order management, and general ad hoc admin duties.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have experience in a similar role (customer service or administrative). You will be focused, flexible, and detail-oriented, with a positive attitude. Strong communication and computer skills are key to your success in this role along with the following:
- Experience working on SAP or similar program is preferred
- Great energy, prioritisation skills, flexibility, ability to work toward deadlines
- Has the drive to further yourself by learning new skills and being open to new opportunities or ways of doing things
- Absolute team player with good keyboard and data entry skills
- Confidence in handling excel spreadsheets (or working to learn them)
Click on the APPLY NOW button found on this page. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to undergo a pre-employment medical (including a drug and alcohol check) and a Ministry of Justice check.