RF Engineer - In-Building Coverage
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
About The Role
Ventia are seeking an experienced RF Engineer to join our Telecommunications team in Heatherton, VIC for a full-time, permanent position.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager – SCS (Special Coverage Solutions), the prime responsibility for the RF Engineer is to design, commission and deliver DAS (Distributed Antenna Systems) providing 3G, 4G and 5G mobile telecommunications for mission critical government buildings, major stadiums, shopping centres, airports road and rail tunnels as well as commercial and residential buildings
Dependant on experience the role is paying between $85,000 and $120,000 package (inc Super)
Some of the Senior RF Engineer duties will include, but not limited to are:
- Identifying customer requirements or communication roadblocks with the design of DAS with achieving coverage using off-air repeaters, small cells and enterprise grade Pico cells
- Installation, maintenance and commissioning of communications architecture including working with in-building Cellular (IBC), Antennas, AC Mains power, GPS and Fibre transmission
- New infrastructure integration and acceptance, site surveys and arranging coverage verification testing in accordance with procedures
- Site investigations and testing including co- locations and DAS augmentation, PIM and fault investigation, maintenance and correction works
- Supporting and performing specialised technical functions in relation to specialised coverage solutions such as PIM testing, walk testing (coverage surveys), test equipment operation and maintenance
Ideally you will have a relevant degree and extensive experience as an RF working within the Telecommunications and specifically within in-building coverage accompanied with:
- Technical and practical experience in DAS design, planning and optimisation, particularly with multi carrier mobile networks
- Experience with iBwave Design and CAD software is highly desirable
- Field experience in pre and post coverage surveys, commissioning and fault finding of DAS systems
- Broad knowledge of Radio Access technologies – 3G ,4G, 5G Wi-Fi, PMR and DMR
- A good knowledge of Radio Access infrastructure – incl. Passive DAS, Active DAS, off-air repeater, small cell, Wireless Access Points (WAP)
- Experience in the use of RF equipment including TEMS, NEMO, Spectrum Analyser, Signal Analyser, PIM testers, CW and modulated RF transmitters.
What We Offer You
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and career growth, we have also partnered with some reputable organisations to be able to offer discounts on Health Insurance, Banking (new home loans, credit cards, everyday bank accounts), flights & accommodation, car hire, car leasing and much more.
How to Apply
Click the apply now and you will be redirected to our careers page to register your details.
Position Number: 147753