Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
What’s on offer
- Join one of the largest essential service providers in Australia and New Zealand.
- 12 month fixed term opportunity - Flexible working split in the office and from home available.
- Professional development working with best practice systems and processes.
About the role
Split your time from our North Sydney or St Leonards office and flexible work from home on offer. This role will join our finance team working on our social infrastructure portfolio supporting two key business projects.
This is a diverse role carrying out purchasing, accounts payable, and various project accounting work.
You will support the organisation to achieve operational goals through the delivery of commercially astute and efficient purchasing strategies, following through to invoice reconciliation and accounts payable.
- Process subcontractor claims and purchase orders within our ERP (SAP / ARIBA) and ensure payments to subcontractors are made within their payment terms.
- Coordinate and expedite orders when necessary to meet operational requirements.
- Reconcile and check out stock deliveries against processed orders.
- Identify and address payment term discrepancies.
- Participate in subcontract rates escalations and reviews.
- Management up new and existing suppliers in Ventia system (including insurances management).
- Supplier onboarding and management on Ariba.
- Supporting manager in month-end reporting.
- Relevant Commerce, Business qualifications or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience in a role with similar duties.
- Well-developed commercial acumen.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- High level negotiation ability with suppliers and stakeholders.
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
How to apply
If you are looking to expand your career with a business that rewards and values its employees please apply below by clicking on the apply now button.
Position Reference Number: 137752