Heavy Vehicle Mechanic
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia is a leading maintenance service provider supporting Australia’s Defence Force. Expand your expertise on unique vehicles and equipment and collaborate with leading professionals across a range of disciplines. As part of our DMSS contract with the Australian Government Department of Defence, Ventia provide materiel maintenance support of land-based equipment for Joint Logistics Unit (JLU).
Your responsibilities will include maintenance tasks including inspection, classification, diagnostics and repairs on Light, Medium and Heavy Vehicles and Plant, as well as carrying out service tasks on equipment during routine maintenance. Replace or repair damaged and malfunctioning parts following inspections and effectively diagnose problems and perform work of a technical nature on a wide range of vehicles. You will adhere to all regulatory and contract specific requirements. Your chance to work with the very best in a positive and professional environment.
Skills and Experience:
- Be a trade qualified Heavy Vehicle Mechanic at Cert III (AUR31116) or equivalent level. OR
- Be trade qualified Plant Mechanic at Cert III ( AUR31216).
- We will also look at candidates who have their Light Vehicle qualification and are currently obtaining their Heavy Vehicle Certification.
- Hold a current Australian State or Territory open driver’s licence.
- Must hold a MR or HR Licence.
- Excellent work/life balance. Hours are 7am-3:45pm Monday-Thursday and 7am- 12 midday on Fridays.
- Exceptional pay rate starting from $32.84
- Access to Ventia's staff benefit plan.
- Competitive rates for the right candidate.
You must be an Australian citizen and be able to hold a defence clearance.
Position Reference ID: 148886