Maintenance Coordinator (Mechanical)
Location: Port Kembla
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
- Your chance to join a friendly and inclusive team, while working in a dynamic industry.
- Opportunity to enjoy a coastal lifestyle, while working at the iconic Port Kembla NSW Steelworks.
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
Based in the Illawarra, and working within our longstanding BlueScope Plant Maintenance Contract, a permanent full-time opportunity exists for a Maintenance Coordinator (Mechanical) to join Ventia and the BOS Asset Team.
About the Role
The Basic Oxygen Steelmaking (BOS) Department, takes molten iron from the Blast Furnace and converts it to steel. This is later transformed into hot rolled coil and Australian building products. The BOS Asset Team is responsible for the successful application of asset management strategies, and delivery of maintenance activities in a safe and efficient manner.
Reporting to the Team Leader, the primary focus of the Mechanical Maintenance Coordinator is to supervise the day-to-day running of an integrated maintenance team, in the delivery of corrective and preventative maintenance tasks; with a key focus on achieving safety, quality, critical equipment uptime and operational efficiency objectives.
Key accountabilities of the position include:
- Provide leadership and take responsibility for health, safety and environment management
- Actively drive the implementation and application of BlueScope’s manufacturing maintenance processes, practices and systems with an emphasis on eliminating repeated and/or duplicated effort
- Contribute to the overall asset strategy of equipment in area of responsibility and develop maintenance plans to deploy agreed asset strategy
- Prepares task documentation to enable safe task execution, effective implementation of asset strategy, efficient use of equipment down time and lowest possible cost
- Manage maintenance team and service providers to ensure maintenance work is executed safely and to specification whilst continuing to improve tool time, lower costs and improve quality
You could be someone who has a proven experience in a similar role, or alternatively you could be looking to take the next step in your career. You will possess sound maintenance experience, combined with a passion and capability to manage shutdowns and maintenance projects, while supervising a maintenance team.
To be successful in this role the following qualification, licences, skills and experience is required:
- Demonstrated commitment to health, safety and environmental standards (zero harm)
- 5 Years heavy industry experience, with a solid understanding of asset management
- Relevant Trade Qualification and / or Engineering Qualification
- NSW Drivers Licence
- White Card (or general construction induction card)
- Effective team leadership and people management skills
- Effective organisational and time management skills
- Problem solving with solution-focussed outcomes
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written)
- Proven computer literacy (MS windows, office, outlook)
- Experience in the application of computerised maintenance management systems and processes (SAP) would be desirable
- Team Orientated
- Leads through values
- Strives for continuous improvement
- Action oriented and results driven
If you are interested in this opportunity and believe you have the appropriate level of skills and experience, we would like to hear from you.
To register your interest in the above vacancy, please submit your application via the "APPLY" button below. Closing date for all applications will be Sunday, 2 October 2022.