Field Supervisor - Telecommunications
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
About The Role
Reporting to the Area Manager, the primary responsibility of the Field Supervisor is to coordinate and direct a team of multi-disciplined trade-based personnel in support of project-based construction activities.
Due to growth within the N2P project, Ventia are seeking MULTIPLE Field Supervisors with a good understanding of all works associated with the Telecommunication projects.
We are seeking Field Supervisors in the Shepperton, Yarrawonga, Sale and Albury areas.
What you’ll be doing:
- Conduct construction walk-outs, planning, scoping and activities to ensure that site works can be constructed efficiently in accordance with the construction plans and delivery schedule
- Lead and manage a team of subcontractors in construction and technical activities on a construction site.
- Engage with and brief subcontractors on their scope of works for construction, escalating any issues to the Area Supervisor/Superintendent as needed.
- Liaise with the Client for any Construction Variation and communicate all outcomes in line with business protocols.
- Escalate and address all resource requirements and shortages with the Area Supervisor/Superintendent.
- Liaise with Site Engineers to ensure materials and equipment are readily available ahead of construction activities and escalate any critical stock deficiencies to the Area Supervisor/Superintendent in a timely manner.
- Comply with all warehousing processes and procedures to safeguard the accurate and timely assignment and management of stock issue and returns.
- Manage and complete HSE inspections and report incidents to the Area Supervisor/Superintendent as needed.
- Undertake Quality checks of works undertaken to ensure that all works comply with the appropriate standards.
To be successful in your application, you will have Trade Qualification and preferred experience working within a Supervisory position.
You will also possess the following competencies:
- Telecommunication (Telstra/NBN) knowledge an advantage
- Ability to read and understand Telstra and NBN plans also an advantage
- Civil Background ie: previous experience working with Directional Drills, Ploughing, Open Trenching
- Understanding of Residential and Business building structures and cabling requirements
- Previous experience Supervising contractors
- Willingness to travel around the state (VIC)
What We Offer You
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and career growth, we have also partnered with some reputable organisations to be able to offer discounts on Health Insurance, Banking (new home loans, credit cards, everyday bank accounts), flights & accommodation, car hire, car leasing and much more.
How to Apply
Click the apply now and you will be redirected to our careers page to register your details.
Position Number: 147393