Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
About the Role
Ventia are seeking to engage an experienced SHEQ Advisor with a positive and generative approach to the safety and health, environment, and quality functions.
This full-time permanent SHEQ Advisor role will see you working on our Property Services, DS&I (Defence and Social Infrastructure) contracts. The successful candidate will be based at our East Perth office.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Inform and implement Safety Management Plans across the project
- Undertake aspects of Environment and Quality function
- Undertake investigations in relation to safety related incidents or issues and provide recommendations through the contract leadership team.
- Implementing processes to ensure communication and compliance with all SHEQ policies and procedures including fostering a culture of ‘safety and health above all else’
- Ensuring risk assessments and risk registers are maintained and all records are managed in accordance with Company requirements
- Assist in delivering the audit program
To be successful you will have the following
- Proven success in a similar role
- Tertiary Qualification in Workplace/ Occupation Health and Safety, Occupational Hygiene and Health, Environmental or Quality Equivalent
- Formal training in incident investigation
- Sound communication skills including high level of literacy and numeracy
- Operational experience in high-risk environments (where relevant)
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships and a positive team culture
- Detailed knowledge of SHEQ legislation, regulatory requirements and ISO standards within a utility or infrastructure project environment
- Ability to develop and execute strategies to ensure compliance, minimise risk and drive continuous improvement
- Have suitable experience as a work health & safety, environmental and quality professional in industrial safety and possess the required technical skills and knowledge to perform the role
- Ability to manage and adapt to flexible time schedules as services are delivered day and night pending contract requirements
- Valid Driver’s License.
Ventia offers you a flexible, supportive, and inclusive work environment where you matter.
In addition, you will find a stimulating and rewarding working environment where we take our peoples careers seriously and help them to learn and grow.
About the Company
Ventia is one of Australasia’s largest dedicated infrastructure service providers, Ventia is a new and dynamic organisation with a rich history. Our clients are the owners and operators of major infrastructure that is critical to our communities. No one else does exactly what we do in the way we do it. Making infrastructure work for our communities is at the heart of who we are and it’s what unites and excites us.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
How to apply
To apply please click on the "Apply" button to complete your application.
No matter who you are, we encourage you to apply for the job that’s right for you. We are keen to increase diversity across our business, so our workforce reflects the diverse communities in which we work. Our current focus is on employing more women at all levels of our organisation.