Retail Assistant - Defence Clothing Store
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Due to an internal promotion, we are seeking 2 x Store Service Attendants to join our team based on our defence contract in Campbell ACT. Reporting to the Site Lead, you will be a vital team member and will be responsible for the storage and distribution of Defence Force clothing for serving Defence personnel.
You will work under general supervision, either individually or in a team environment, performing a variety of tasks requiring a knowledge of customer support.
1 x full time permanent role, Monday to Friday - 8am – 4pm.
1 x part time permanent role, working 4 days a week of your choice – 8am – 4pm
Your responsibilities will include:
- Receipt and delivery of goods.
- Organising and controlling the day-to-day workflow - receiving, scanning, sorting, and placing incoming goods on shelves.
- Answering customer queries regarding stock location and progress.
- Over the counter customer service.
- Assisting with regular stock takes and cleaning of work site.
- Operating computer system to obtain details of stock quantity and location.
Skills and Experience:
- Prior demonstrated experience as a store / warehouse attendant
- Good customer service skills
- A team player who works well with others
- Intermediate computer skills (Spreadsheets and Applications)
Must be eligible to hold a Defence Security Clearance and therefore must be an Australian Citizen
What’s on offer
- Ventia offers you a flexible, supportive, and inclusive work environment where you matter
- We take our people’s careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow
- There’s nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe
- We look after each other and foster our people’s wellbeing
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Position Reference Number: 148742