Location: New Zealand
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
This is an exciting time for our Transport Infrastructure business, due to growth and additional work acquired, we are in need of experienced and capable (2) Foreperson/Foremen to join our team.
You will have the opportunity to build your crew and make a mark on your own team. The depot is based in Pukekohe but we are delivering works across the Auckland region.
Machine Operators/ Leading Hands seeking a step up are welcomed!
The Foreman is responsible for providing hands-on, on-site supervision for a team with up to 3-4 members. You will ensure that assigned work is done within a given timeframe, and that it meets or exceeds client expectations and reaches Ventia commercial targets. You will work with stakeholders such as Auckland Transport, the local councils, and subcontractors.
Activities carried out under this role are primarily Civil construction work under the Auckland Transport Safety Panel Works contract which include but are not limited to pavement dig outs, drainage works, pavement reports, kerb and channel, footpaths, pedestrian crossing, etc.
This role provides a huge potential for you to develop your leadership skills and abilities as we continue to grow in the Transport Infrastructure NZ business. The business is willing to support and mould you to achieve your desired career progression.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have/be:
- Knowledge & experience as leading hand or some other team/ crew leadership role
- Proven work experience in civil/road maintenance/construction work
- Experience with Earthworks, Pavements, or Drainage work is preferred
- Able to drive excellence and a safe working environment
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to plan ahead and problem solve
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written skills
- Minimum full class 1, class 2, 4 and 5 an advantage
- Excellent understanding of Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) systems, policies and procedures, including reporting of incidents, and the wearing of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required
WHAT WE OFFER
- Minimum 40 hours a week with an hourly rate range of $35 to $45
- Time and a half after 45 hours plus a tool of trade 1 vehicle that you can take home
- Stable, ongoing work that is classed as essential
- Supportive team environment with a “Safe for life” culture
APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
If this sounds like a role you are interested in, apply online today
For inquiries, please text 0275111913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to undergo a pre-employment medical including a drug and alcohol test.