Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
- Enjoy the training provided, we can help get your WTR, Class 2,4, or 5!
- Join a high-performing and growing crew where you can make your stamp!
- Create your own great work culture in a steadily growing business that builds new crews as new projects come!
Work with Ventia as a Construction labourer for our Roading team based in Auckland!
What’s in it for me?
- Ventia takes our people’s careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow.
- There’s nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe.
- We look after each other and foster our people’s well-being.
- Competitive hourly rate with overtime pay after 45 hours!
- Experience career progression and development through training opportunities
- Stable, full-time, permanent employment
Enjoy a role with a lot of variety and roles where you can experience career progression. For good performers, you may enjoy the path of becoming a licensed operator/ driver or even into a foreman to run your own construction crew or transition into supervisory roles.
About the Role
In this role, you will be key to helping make our roads safe. You will be working with the crew to support Ventia’s Safety Construction Projects and Upgrades around Auckland. This can include works on kerb & channel and cesspits, intersections, footpaths, and other construction labouring duties required for the project.
We are happy to train the right person, as long as you have been exposed to handyman type of work or are mechanically minded and can handle small tools. You can previously be a builder or a school leaver that wants to get into the roading industry.
- Minimum class 1 driver’s license
- Experience working in concrete, construction, roading, or building roles is beneficial but not required
- Be physically fit and enjoy working outdoors
- Strong commitment to all Health and Safety practices
For someone with a great work attitude, there are lots of opportunities to move up the ranks as you grow and learn constantly within our large Transport NZ business!
There is a strong focus on meeting client expectations and providing high levels of customer service. You will need to have good communication skills, and a desire to go the extra mile.
Click on the APPLY NOW button found on this page. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to undergo a pre-employment medical (including a drug and alcohol check) and a Ministry of Justice check.