Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
About the Role
Ventia’s Telecommunications sector has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Accountant to support the organisation in meeting the project’s financial reporting requirements as well as oversee the various project finance functions.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this role will also have a strong focus on forecasting and end of month tasks.
This is a permanent full-time position based in Kingsgrove with flexibility to work from home on offer.
What’s on Offer
Ventia have partnered with some reputable organisations to be able to offer discounts on Health Insurance, Banking (new home loans, credit cards, everyday bank accounts), flights & accommodation, car hire, car leasing and much more, we also offer the following:
- A flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter
- We take our people's careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow
- There is nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe
- We look after each other and foster our people's wellbeing
What you’ll be doing
- Delivery of month-end financial results and Variance Analysis for the projects.
- Prepare Project Forecast/Budget and its underlying assumption models
- Provide insights to performance and issues and communicating this back to the project for performance improvements
- Develop and maintain project dashboards on Claims and Payment reports
- Ensure the Financial Reporting details are aligned with the Work Management System Financials and Forecast
- Completion of ad hoc project finance report as required by all stakeholders
- Relevant experience at a project level on equivalent or similar industry type projects
- Proficient SAP user with intermediate to advance skills in Power BI and Excel
- Solid understanding of project accounting for operation & maintenance projects or similar
- Qualification in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- Preferably a CPA or CA
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively with both finance and operational team members
Ventia provides telecommunications and ICT services across Australia and New Zealand, focused on design, construction, operations and maintenance for carriers, government, channel partners and enterprise industry segments. With a heritage in design, construction and maintenance services, Ventia is a trusted partner to leading telecommunication and ICT network providers, and industries who rely on mission-critical infrastructure.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents, and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
How to apply
If you are looking to expand your career with a business that rewards and values its employees, please apply below by clicking on the apply now button.
Position Reference Number: 148787