Senior Systems Engineer (Control System, PLC)
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
- Opportunity to further your career within the Transport industry
- Permanent- full-time position based in Woolloomooloo
- Attractive remuneration on offer
About the role
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Senior Systems Engineer will ensure trouble free operation of the PCMS, TMCS, OMCS and Intelligent Transport Systems through maintenance, monitoring and technical support. A strong focus is placed on troubleshooting and providing technical expertise, co-ordinating with stakeholders and subcontractors.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for the Yokogawa CENTUM and Allen Bradley ControlLogix Control Systems.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for Intelligent Transport Systems.
- Ensuring subcontractors are managed in an effective and responsive manner to achieve maintenance objectives
- Working closely with Site Electrical teams in a collaborative manner to ensure timely resolutions to system and field faults
- Creating and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders
- On-site supervision of sub-contractors ensuring timeliness, safety and quality standards are met
- Communicating with internal clients and team members on a regular basis on progress and issues
- Ensure the security and integrity of all critical data via backups etc.
What’s on offer
- A workplace that embraces diversity and inclusion
- Suite of benefits including health and wellness initiatives
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- Organisation that truly values and practices flexible working options
- Personalised career growth with a suite of wellness initiatives and benefits
- Electrical/Mechatronic/Telecommunications Engineering degree or equivalent
- Significant experience with Control Systems, PLC’s
- Experience within the Transport or Railway industry is an advantage
- Experience with Yokogawa CENTUM or Allen Bradley ControlLogix highly regarded
- Experience with Intelligent Transport Systems highly regarded
- General Construction Induction Card (White Card)
- Ability to work on planned night shifts as required
- Drivers license required
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents, and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
How to apply
If you are looking to expand your career with a business that rewards and values its employees, please apply below by clicking on the apply now button.
Position Reference Number: 144466