Location: Shailer Park
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia are seeking two experienced telecommunication riggers to join our Shailer Park team in the new year.
About the Role
This role is working with our experienced crew on major installation and modifications of exiting Co-Lo and Greenfield telecommunication sites for various carriers across major broadcast projects throughout Queensland.
You will be responsible for:
- Upgrading / modifying existing wireless telecommunication sites including mobile and broadcast
- Working at heights and installation of mobile / broadcast antenna systems, RRU, feeders and microwave links
- Installation / erection of steelwork, monopoles, towers etc. as required on both Greenfield and Brownfield sites
- PIM testing, sweep testing, distance to fault, terminating feeders, bird proofing and waterproofing connectors
- Installation and maintenance of antenna and feeder cables on monopoles and towers
- Checking, maintaining and operating equipment in accordance with the requirements of safety, efficiency and calibration procedures
- Rigging and general work as required
What’s on Offer
- Access to a variety of Health and Wellness initiatives - including the EAP, Ventia's Healthy Minds program and Healthy Bodies program
- Employee benefits such as corporate travel discounts, Novated leases, private health discounts, credit discounts and more
- Attractive salary
- 3+ years’ experience in telecommunications rigging (essential)
- Experience with earthing requirements
- Working at heights and perform tower rescue certified with the ability to comfortably operate at heights regularly (i.e., climbing up to 80m). It is essential that you have previous climbing experience
- Solid knowledge of telecommunication rigging techniques and best practice
- A current High Risk Work Licence in Rigging (minimum intermediate)
- EWP ticket above 11m preferred
- RadHaz EME Awareness
- Construction induction card
- Broadcast experience is desirable
- Preferred MR or HR licence
- Demonstrated knowledge of safe work practices
- Must be flexible – working away from home, weekends and night works is essential
- Must be vaccinated against Covid19
Ventia’s Telecommunications business is Australia and New Zealand’s largest telecommunications network construction, deployment and maintenance provider. Our team of specialists build and maintain some of the region’s largest fibre optic and mobile networks and are dedicated to delivering superior design, build and maintenance solutions and innovation for critical communications networks.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
How to Apply
Please click on the link and upload your resume and covering letter.
Position Reference Number: 149705