Watchroom Operator - RAAF Edinburgh
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia has a long successful relationship with the Australian Defence Force. Our current long-term contract is to deliver Estate Maintenance and Operations Services, Hospitality and Catering, Fire and Refuelling, Retail Stores and Petrol’s, Oils and Lubricants across the nation.
Our Rescue & Fire Fighting (RFF) services currently extend from stations in WA, SA, VIC, NSW and QLD. Due to the evolving nature of this contract, we are currently employing a Watchroom Operator in our Fire and Rescue operations at RAAF Edinburgh This role can be a career as a Watch room operator working within the Emergency Services and Defence Industry or the first step into a career as a Firefighter.
- To maintain an effective operational readiness in accordance with the relevant policies and guidelines of Broadspectrum.
- Respond fire crews to incidents as required at the applicable fire station and maintain support and communications where required to the Incident Controller.
- Assist the OIC of the Fire Station to ensure that all relevant administrative duties associated with the operational aspect of the fire station are performed.
- Participate in the Fire Station training and development plan.
You must hold or be able to RPL the following:
- PUAFIR215- Prevent Injury
- PUAOPE002B- Operate Communications Equipment
- PUATEA001B- Work in a Team
- PUACOM001C- Communicate in the Workplace
- PUATEA002B- Work Autonomously
- Previous experience in some form of communications room.
- A strong focus on team orientation
- You must be an Australian Citizen and able to maintain a Department of Defence Security Clearance.
- We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
To apply for this role, please click the apply button on this page.