Labourers - Pavement/Drainage
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
- Join one of the top best places to work in NZ!
- Job stability: Ventia won a 10-year contract
- Monday to Friday – flexible hourly rates
All levels of experience are encouraged to apply! Opportunities for leadership positions is available.
As a labourer your main responsibility will be to complete maintenance tasks with a primary focus on drainage maintenance. We open to applications from a mix of experienced/skilled and entry-level workers who have a passion for providing excellent and quality service and a desire to contribute to the fast growth of the NZ roads construction industry.
Hourly Rate (dependent on experience): $22.00 – $35.00p/h
What are the benefits?
- We take pride in our employee’s careers – upskilling is available
- Safety is our number 1 priority!
- Opportunity to earn extra with overtime
- Very easy going and family orientated environment
- Collaborative and team building crews
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing industry
- Opportunity of becoming a foreman or running your own maintenance patrol team or transition into supervisory roles.
What you’ll be doing
- Road’s drainage maintenance
- Pothole repairs, litter collection, traffic management setup and implementation
- Incident response to the maintenance of the West Auckland Transport network
- Digging, heaving lifting, and prolonged periods of walking, standing, and bending
What you need
You will need to be familiar with basic maintenance and construction equipment as well as knowledge of the safe use of chainsaws, elevated work platform vehicles, and other maintenance plants.
- Valid and current, full Class 1 driver’s license
- RTW or WTR license
- Experience in use of small to medium-sized excavators, both tracked and wheeled
- Class 4-5 for truck drivers
- Confident with a range of hand tools and motorised small tools
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please click the apply button on this page.
If you would like to have a confidential conversation about this role, please call Jesse Ross on +64 428 928 523
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to undergo a pre-employment medical (including a drug and alcohol check) and a Ministry of Justice check
No qualificationsneeded. Become apart of a support team - We really are a great bunch of people!
Call Jesse +64 428 928 523 to chat