Maintenance Patrol Labourer
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
- Join one of the top best places to work in NZ!
- Job stability: Ventia won a 10-year contract
- Roster 2 weeks on: 1 week off
All levels of experience are encouraged to apply! Opportunities for leadership positions is available.
In this role, you will be the first responders to potential hazards or emergencies. You are the main key to making our roads safe. Workers mainly work with one other team member and perform road maintenance duties.
Hourly Rate (dependent on experience): $22.00 – $28.00p/h
What are the benefits?
- We take pride in our employee’s careers – upskilling is available
- Safety is our number 1 priority!
- Opportunity to earn extra with overtime
- Very easy going and family orientated environment
- Collaborative and team building crews
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing industry
- Opportunity of becoming a foreman or running your own maintenance patrol team or transition into supervisory roles.
What you’ll be doing?
- On-call you will be the first responders to potential hazards or emergencies.
- Two-man crew performing road maintenance
- Clearing kerb & channel and cesspits, filling potholes, checking, and clearing culverts, litter collection, putting up flooding signs, and clearing debris during weather events.
- Fully equip site trucks
- Digging, heavy lifting, and prolonged periods of walking, standing, and bending.
What you need?
It is preferred you have a valid Class 2 driver’s license and a WTR endorsement. We will look at candidates with a full class 1 license who could sit class 2.
- STMS or TC Level 1 is an advantage
- Be physically fit and enjoy working outdoors
- Strong commitment to all Health and Safety practices
- Basic handyman/maintenance skills
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
How to Apply
To Apply for this role, please click the apply button on this page.
If you would like to have a confidential conversation about this role, please call Jesse Ross on +61 428 928 523
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to undergo a pre-employment medical (including a drug and alcohol check) and a Ministry of Justice check
Join Ventia now! Opportunities for leadership positions is available!
Call Jesse +64428928523 to chat