Project Electrical Engineer
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
- Join one of New Zealand’s most attractive companies to work for
- Benefit from mentoring and coaching from senior team members and industry experts
- Work on projects from high-profile and prestigious New Zealand organizations
Join Ventia, as we are currently seeking a Project Engineer to join their team in Otara to work on a high-profile project in NZ
What’s in it for me?
- Ventia takes our people’s careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow
- There’s nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe
- We look after each other and foster our people’s well-being
- Experience career progression through training and development
- Stable, full-time employment
- Competitive remuneration package relative to your qualification and experience
- Enjoy and join a strong, supportive, and collaborative team
- Potential growth opportunities within the wider Ventia business
Ventia is currently seeking an experienced Electrical Project Engineer for our Link Alliance work. This project is currently under construction and is one of the largest transport infrastructure projects ever to be undertaken in New Zealand. This role will provide you with a great deal of variety which will help to maintain your motivation and interest and will also give you a wide range of learning experiences.
Ventia is one of New Zealand’s leading infrastructure services companies. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely, and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate. Hence, should you have performed well, there will always be that opportunity in the future, if you wish, to progress your career and achieve your desired career growth.
About the Role
This fixed-term project role will be reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be supporting the project managers throughout the lifecycle of each project, from initiation, planning, executions, and closure. You will be working closely with them in the reporting for Financial, SHEQ, and Quality.
In this role, you will be accountable for managing the scope, and planning of works, ensuring that priorities, quality, and efficiencies are gained, budgets and deadlines are delivered for each project, keeping the client at the centre of what we do, while operating within agreed Ventia guidelines. Other key responsibilities include:
- Engaging with Sub-Contractors and Suppliers as required for project activities
- Writing, compiling, and reviewing reports
- Ensuring that monthly expenditure is achieved by ensuring programme works are approved and loaded
- Assisting with claiming of works, development of the monthly programmes, and implementation of approvals
- Ensuring the delivery team has the capability and engagement to deliver the project safely, on time, and within agreed customer parameters
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have demonstrated experience in supporting project managers with project delivery. You will need to have demonstrated experience in project management, planning, and scheduling. As well as the below:
- Good working understanding of NZS3910-2003 and the CCA
- Demonstrated ability to interpret, evaluate, and analyse plans, diagrams, and sketches provided to deliver the scope and effecting planning and scheduling
- Bachelors/Diploma in Electrical Engineering or higher
- Class 1 NZ Drivers Licence
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
Click on the APPLY NOW button on this page!
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to undergo reference checks, a full medical including a drug and alcohol test, and a Ministry of Justice check.