Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia Pty Ltd
Be part of one of the largest essential service providers in Australia and New Zealand and be rewarded with professional development and career growth opportunities
Ventia is currently seeking an Electrical Technician to be part of its Motorway 5 South West/M5SW Team.
- Work alongside a highly talented and delivery-focused team
- Professional development and career growth opportunities
- Full-time permanent position – Woolloomooloo location
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely, and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
About the role
Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor, you are to conduct routine maintenance, inspection, and reporting all low voltage electrical and mechanical equipment on the M5 Southwest Motorway.
What you’ll be doing
- Maintenance and testing of electrical and mechanical systems and equipment
- Calibration and setting up of equipment and instrumentation
- Coordinate and assist subcontractors
- Contribute to the training of new Technicians and other personnel
- Assist the Motorway Controller to perform control room functions when required
- Identification of problems down to the component level
- Perform the duties of Motorway Controller for limited periods from time to time
- Liaise with RMS, emergency service, and other personnel as required
- Comply with Ventia’s Risk Management, Quality and Health, and Safety and Environment management systems
What We Offer You
- Ventia offers you a flexible, supportive, and inclusive work environment where you matter.
- We take our people’s careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow.
- There’s nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe.
- We look after each other and foster our people’s wellbeing.
- Electrical Trade qualifications and NSW Electrical License
- Electrical Construction / Road /Water Maintenance experience is highly regarded
- Experience with PLC’s, ITS & CCTV Systems & equipment will be advantageous
- A licence in elevated work platforms is highly regarded
- General Construction Induction Card (White Card)
- Ability to participate on night shifts as rostered.
- Driver’s license required
- A demonstrated commitment to safety
- High level of electrical diagnostic & troubleshooting skill
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively as part of a team and autonomously
- Good computer skills
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
How to apply
If you are looking to expand your career with a business that rewards and values its employees, please apply below by clicking on the apply now button.
Position Reference Number: 148811