Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
About the role
Seeking an ambitious fulltime Project Engineer with 3-5 years’ experience to join our team at Botany Industrial Park. The primary focus of the Project Engineer is on time delivery, safety, quality, issue resolution and efficiency.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Ensure work activities are performed in accordance with safe work methods, ITPs and that checklists are undertaken prior to commencement of activities on site.
- Provide input to construction methods, processes and plant and equipment needs as required.
- Interface with customer field and project management staff on project delivery issues and program achievement.
- Actively work with the Scheduler on resource inputs and program compliance. Provide updates and information as required to meet program needs.
- Manage supervisors and subcontractors to ensure project milestones are achieved
- Assess and advise on any delays or Extension of Time requests with full details to Area Planner and others as required.
- Identify cost minimisation opportunities that can reduce labour, plant and equipment cost.
- A tertiary qualification in Project Engineering or similar discipline
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar industry – manufacturing / oil & gas.
- Ability to operate in a time critical project environment with analytical approach to problem-solving
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Computer skills (excel, word, power point, etc.)
- Strong Safety and Customer Focus
- Strong Negotiation and Influencing Skills
What We Offer You
- Exceptional safety records, standards, and practices
- Consistent Work
- Competitive hourly wage
- Ventia offers you a flexible, supportive, and inclusive work environment where you matter
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Position Reference Number: 141552