Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia require a Project Planner / Site Engineer to join our Stapylton NBN Team to manage the North Queensland Region. This is an office-based role in Stapylton with potential to work from home (on a rostered basis) and occasional site visits when required. Applications from Cairns, Townsville, Rockhampton and Mackay regions will also be considered as a remote role.
About the Role
Reporting to the Project Engineer and working closely with the Field Supervisor, your responsibilities are to co-ordinate, plan and control the contract specific programs and associated project schedules highlighting schedule issues and opportunities for prompt action for projects to be delivered on time and within budget.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining and managing the project schedule for the region, including resourcing, progress monitoring and performance
- Management of work tickets for contractors
- Managing materials for resources in the area
- Communicate with multiple stakeholders internally and externally to ensure positive outcomes for the project
- Resolve construction and technical issues when they arise, proactively identifying and interpreting risk and initiating actions to prevent problems from occurring
- Report on all phases of the program delivery, including design, procurement, construction and completion of the project
- Coordinating with the project team to provide progress and performance reports on field related activities, including materials, client approvals, statutory approvals, potential time and / or cost impacts on planned project delivery
- Undertake analysis of program schedules to identify critical milestones and lead time to support project manager in achieving project schedules
- Review work processes and procedures to ensure adherence to existing company policies and procedures, and compliance with operational, contractual and legislative requirements
- Monitor the operations and provide feedback for continuous improvement of the processes within area of responsibility
What’s on Offer
- Access to a variety of Health and Wellness initiatives - including the EAP, Ventia's Healthy Minds program and Healthy Bodies program
- Employee benefits such as corporate travel discounts, Novated leases, private health discounts, credit discounts and more
- Attractive salary
Ideally you will have experience within the telecommunications or construction industry with at least 2 years’ experience in Project Planning / Management. Site Engineers will be required to have a qualification in Engineering . You must also be able to demonstrate:
- Comprehensive experiencing in project planning, principles and practices
- High level of computer skills including MS word , Excel and ERP systems such as SAP
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking with strong time management and problem-solving capabilities
- Self-driven and motivated to achieve goals
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
How to Apply
Please click on the Apply button to upload your covering letter, resume and relevant qualifications.
Position Reference Number: 148937