Service Manager | Facilities Management
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
About the Contract
EQL is the Queensland Government entity that combines the state-owned electricity distributors Ergon Energy and Energex. For more than a decade, Ventia has worked to deliver over $250 million of electricity and gas transmission and distribution (T&D) projects across Australia.
Ventia provides a range of Facilities Management services for Energy Queensland including property services, pool vehicle management, cleaning, grounds maintenance, general maintenance and project management services for Non-Network Infrastructure and substations across the entire state of Queensland.
About the role
The Service Manager is the primary point of contact for the delivery of all FM services, coordinating inspection programs and managing the day-to-day delivery of reactive and planned maintenance. This is to ensure our continued services are delivered safely, on time, to budget and meet the KPIs of the contract. The Service Manager will also work alongside the Works Management Centre, to optimise work allocation to subcontractors and ensure smooth delivery of the contract services.
This role will be based in either office - Newstead, QLD.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Responsible to coordinate, schedule and escalate (if necessary) resources in collaboration with Work Management Centre staff
- Manage subcontractor workload and allocation of resources – ensuring compliance with Ventia SHEQ requirements
- Ensure subcontractors are inducted and compliant and supervise work as required
- Assess service performance of subcontractors and identify improvement initiatives
- Assist SHEQ team in incident and non-conformance investigations
- Identify and proactively manage safety and compliance risk in the region
- Ensure systems are in place to achieve KPI compliance
- Proactively engage and build relationships with EQL stakeholders
- Provide reports and other requested information to facilitate contract compliance and service delivery
- Ensure site inspections are scheduled and completed in accordance with mandatory obligations
- Ensure corrective actions and improvement opportunities identified are clearly communicated and actioned
- Support Procurement & Subcontract Manager and Soft Services Manager in negotiations and local
The key skills and attributes required to be successful in this role include:
- 5+ years’ experience Facilities Management or Asset Management in large and complex organisations that require remote management
- Willingness to travel overnight regionally for one week (per month)
- Demonstrated experience in SAP ERP software
- Mechanical trade/maintenance background – desirable
- Operational experience in high-risk environments
- Experience of KPI management and compliance techniques
- Superior and proven verbal and written communication
- High level customer focus, engagement skills and responsiveness to customer requests
- Experience in planning and organising, people management, effective subcontractor management, negotiation and influencing
- Current QLD Driver’s License
- Build your professional network - being part of the broader Ventia community
- A management team who actively supports good work-life balance
- Work with a great team of passionate professionals
- Salary sacrifice programs
We acknowledge the importance of our people's diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
How to apply:
To apply for this role, please click apply button on this page. Please upload your resume and copies of your relevant licences, tickets, and qualifications
Position Reference Number: 150084