Bushland Management Team Leader
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
About the role:
Ventia have provided Parks & Roadsides Maintenance services across the Mornington Peninsula for over 2 decades. We are currently seeking a natural leader to manage a team of 4 to carry out Fire management works in bushland areas, reserves, and open spaces.
As a leader in our Fire Management crew your will be primarily responsible for overseeing site operations and team to achieve fuel reduction in relation to managing and maintaining fire breaks within the Mornington Peninsula Shire.
The role offers 38 hours per week on a 9-day fortnight with potential overtime and a pay rate of $31.21 per hour plus penalties.
- Uniform & safety boots provided
- Fortnightly RDO
- Work vehicle to use on site
- Upskilling & tickets can be provided
- Stunning scenic views of the Mornington Peninsula
- Lead by personal example and communicate all relevant information clearly to team members
- Assist in the day-to-day running of works, including the allocation and monitoring of works
- Removal of obtruding trees and branches.
- Brush cutting & Chainsaw operation
- Woodchipper operation.
- Bushland regeneration.
Skills & Attributes:
- MR Drivers licence and Manual Driver’s licence
- Level 1 & 2 Chainsaw Certificate. (Crosscut or maintain chainsaws)
- Certificate III in Conservation land Management or equivalent field
- Aptitude for fire management and the environmental industry
- Level 1 Wildfire Certificate - Desirable
- Farm Chemical Users Certification – Desirable
- First aid & CPR - Desirable
- Road Traffic Control Certification - Desirable
If you are interested in this opportunity and believe you have the appropriate level of skills and experience, we would like to hear from you.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com or submit your application via the "APPLY" button below
Position Reference Number: 150575
** Shortlisted candidates will be contacted **