Electrical Draft Person - BIM
Location: Canning Vale
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Electrical Draftsperson BIM - Ventia
Ventia are seeking an experienced Electrical Draftsperson BIM (Business Information Modelling) to join the friendly Operations team at our Canning Vale office.
About the Project:
The Square Kilometre Array (SKA) project is an international effort supported by 16 countries to build the world's largest radio telescopes, led by the Square Kilometre Array observatory (SKAO).
Ventia has been awarded a significant part of the contract and is leveraging our telecommunications capabilities for this exciting project.
Our scope includes the provision of power and fibre networks, and the design and commission of a Central Processing Facility (CPF) and Remote Processing Facilities (RPF) at the Australian site.
- Tertiary qualification in Electrical Drafting
- Minimum 3-years drafting experience in 2d electrical design and drafting
- Experience with BIM systems (desirable)
- Competency in Revit CAD software with 3 years minimum experience
- Competency in MS Professional suite
- Attention to detail in producing high detail and quality engineering drawings
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Current manual driver's license
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate the collection of data and incorporate into drawings
- Ensure all standards are implemented and high standard of drafting is maintained.
- Produce new drawings and/or revise existing drawings.
- Communication both formal and informal with internal and external customer
- Implement options that deliver cost reduction to drive performance
- Aim to improve the quality, quantity, timelines, and cost effectiveness of the service delivery
- Develop procedures and process that enhance performance, job satisfaction and productivity of the team
- Comply with all applicable health, safety and environmental laws, regulations, and statutory obligations at all times
- Embed our HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) CULTURE into the business
No matter who you are, we encourage you to apply for the job that’s right for you.
We are actively increasing diversity across our business, so our workforce reflects the diverse communities in which we work. Our current focus is on employing more women at all levels of our organisation.
Ventia is one of Australasia’s largest dedicated infrastructure service providers, Ventia is a new and dynamic organisation with a rich history.
Our clients are the owners and operators of major infrastructure that is critical to our communities. No one else does exactly what we do in the way we do it.
Making infrastructure work for our communities is at the heart of who we are and it’s what unites and excites us.
Position Reference Number: 150296