Warehouse / Store Person
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
We are seeking a Warehouse / Store Person to join our team at the Defence base in Canungra (Scenic Rim Region) QLD. This is a permanent position in a very exciting work environment working 38 hours a week from Monday to Friday.
- Storing and packing of goods and materials in accordance with appropriate procedures
- Preparation and receipt of appropriate documentation including liaison with suppliers
- Application quality control techniques to the work and where appropriate to the work of other staff
- Assist in the training of staff
- Assist in the unloading of goods and checking them against order forms
- Complete orders by selecting goods and checking them off the appropriate lists
- Advise supervisor on accurate stock and re-ordering levels
- Operate ChemAlert, MILIS and other systems as required
- Operating plant and machinery as required to perform stores tasks
Experiences & Qualifications
- Current licence for operating forklifts (LF)
- Drivers licence applicable to vehicles on site (MR Truck License).
- Previous Experience with Defence Inventory Systems (MILIS)
- Exercises good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Driving excellent Risk and HSEQ performance
- You must be an Australian Citizen eligible to hold a Negative Vetting Level 1 Defence Security Clearance
- Ventia have also partnered with some reputable organisations to be able to offer discounts on Health Insurance, Banking (new home loans, credit cards, everyday bank accounts), flights & accommodation, car hire, car leasing and much more, we also offer the following:
- A flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter.
- We take our people's careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow.
- There's nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe.
- We look after each other and foster our people's wellbeing.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
Position Reference Number: 150814