Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia are a national mechanical services entity who work in the Hydrocarbon and Heavy Industrial Sectors around Australia. Ventia now focus on Defence Fuel Assets providing resources to meet the preventative and reactive maintenance across Australia. Due to potential growth, Ventia are looking for skilled, safety conscious and passionate trades to support the delivery of our Defence Fuel Installation Maintenance contract across various sites within Victoria.
The Location - Mechanical Fitter – Watsonia (Various Sites within Victoria)
The sites range from east Gippsland to Seymour to the City, so considerable travel will be involved using pool vehicles. At times, overnight stays will be required and will be compensated for.
We are recruiting for a skilled Mechanical Fitter to perform technical and maintenance work on Defence Fuel Installations across various sites which will include tasks such as routine inspections, function tests, preventative maintenance, general repairs, upgrades and refurbishments.
In addition, you may be required to:
- Identify, plan, manage & execute preventative and corrective maintenance tasks as well as provide technical assistance as required.
- Work with other maintenance personnel to maintain DFI (Defence Fuel Installations) equipment.
- Arrange & perform multiple frequent monthly site visits to fuel installations across various Defence Bases within Victoria with the use of company supplied pool vehicle.
- Arrange pricing and subcontractor engagement for specialised responsive maintenance tasks.
- Utilise clients permit to work system by preparing permit applications and JSA’s.
- Assist the Supervisor with job timing, work scheduling, managing responsive maintenance as well as make work practice recommendations to improve quality and reduce costs.
- Completion and administration of maintenance inspection records.
Skills & Experience:
- Cert III Mechanical Fitting OR Trade Certification in Mechanical Fitting.
- Experience in Petrochemical/Hydrocarbon industry.
- Experience with fuel equipment & systems.
- High Risk certifications such as Confined Space, Working at Heights, EWP and First Aid would be advantageous.
- Have a solid understanding of pumping, pneumatics, trade waste and bulk fuel installations equipment and the relevant codes and industry standards.
- Valid Australian Drivers Licence.
Due to Defence requirements you must be an Australian Citizen to apply for this position.
This is a local position and not a FIFO role. The position involves frequent visits to numerous Defence Bases within Melbourne and outer Melbourne areas every month including occasional overnight stays with accommodation provided as required. We are happy to provide additional training if regarded necessary.
Position Reference 150732