Operational Support Manager - Logistics
Location: Canning Vale
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
About the role
Ventia’s contract with the Department of Justice are seeking a well-organised and efficient Operational Support Manager - Logistics to join the Court Security & Custodial Services (CS&CS) team based in Canning Vale.
In this varied and fast-paced role, your primary responsibility is to assist the Logistics & Resource Group Manager in coordinating the movements of People in Custody (PIC) and ensure service delivery across several functions including Fleet Maintenance (state-wide), Depot & Head Office Maintenance and the Escort Group for the Perth Metropolitan area.
Working as part of the operational management team, this role is pivotal as it provides vital support to assist with the delivery of successful outcomes as well providing line management responsibilities to direct reports.
You are approachable and possess excellent stakeholder engagement skills and you naturally adopt a collaborative and team-based approach to people management. You are analytical and a natural leader who can drive and embed best practice service delivery through the commitment of our people, to ensure project outcomes are met in a cost-effective manner.
You possess exceptional organisational capabilities and can identify and prioritise problems and issues, generate solutions and work collaboratively to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes. You have a high degree of motivation, energy and initiative, with the capacity to deal with multiple and often conflicting priorities. This, coupled with your great sense of humour will contribute to your success in this role.
Key duties but not limited to:
- Provide line management support and guidance to direct reports and wider staff group
- Lead on operational planning and deployment of resources on a daily basis
- Manage, support and de brief during any level of incident that occurs within areas of responsibility, or as directed
- Ensure practices are implemented and managed to keep the fleet in good operable condition
- Build strong relationships with service providers, inclusive of mechanical, maintenance and travel suppliers
- Meet reporting timeframes as specified by contract or line management
- Set clear direction and objectives for direct reports
- Engage with the staff group on a regular basis and ensure we operate a safe work environment
- Deliver leadership and guidance to direct reports, general staff group and peers
- Assist in developing operational objectives, polices & procedures, and a positive workplace culture
- Deliver a high standard of service delivery whilst constantly maintaining staff and PiC welfare and safety
- Ensure compliance against the Court Security and Custodial Services Act 1999
- Ensure compliance against the Court Security and Custodial Services Contract
- Ensure full compliance with Human Resource Policy and Procedures
- Conduct investigations when required
- Positively contribute to a diverse, inclusive, and fair work environment, free from discrimination, bullying and harassment
Skills and experience:
- Diploma in Leadership and/or relevant experience
- Proven experience operating in a leadership role or demonstrated experience in a custody / operational environment
- Sound knowledge of legislation and associated requirements
- A collaborative management style and the ability to forge highly productive internal and external working relationships
- Personable and professional, with a strong capability to remain objective, unbiased and balanced in challenging environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy (MS Office suite and databases) and ability to navigate reporting tools and Government based systems
Other special conditions
The incumbent to this position must have Australian Work Rights and have the ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Federal Police Check, Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a pre-employment medical including a drug & alcohol test in order to be eligible for this position.
Ventia offers you a flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter.
In addition, you will find a stimulating and rewarding working environment where we take our peoples careers seriously and help them to learn and grow.
This role comes with the added security of being offered as a full-time permanent position with parking available on site.
About the company
Ventia is one of Australasia’s largest dedicated infrastructure service providers, Ventia is a new and dynamic organisation with a rich history. Our clients are the owners and operators of major infrastructure that is critical to our communities. No one else does exactly what we do in the way we do it. Making infrastructure work for our communities is at the heart of who we are and it’s what unites and excites us.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
How to apply
To apply please click on the "Apply" button to complete your application.
No matter who you are, we encourage you to apply for the job that’s right for you. We are keen to increase diversity across our business, so our workforce reflects the diverse communities in which we work.
Our current focus is on employing more women at all levels of our organisation.
Job Reference Number: 150851