Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia Pty Ltd
Due to an internal promotion Ventia currently have a full-time opportunity for a Store Person at our defence site in Duntroon (ACT). Reporting to the Site Manager, you will be receiving and allocating stock, packing goods, and ensuring authorisation documentation is completed correctly.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Operating computer system to obtain quantities and complete purchases of stock
- Inventory management, receipt, and delivery of goods.
- Organising and controlling the day-to-day workflow - receiving, scanning, sorting and placing incoming goods on shelves.
- Operating machinery such as forklift to place and remove items.
- Loading and unloading of trucks
Skills and Experience:
- Be an Australian Citizen eligible for a Defence security clearance.
- Suitable experience in a stores and warehousing environment.
- A “hands on” proactive attitude. You will be physically fit, as the job requires prolonged periods of sitting, walking, and standing.
- Valid driver’s licence is essential.
- MR Licence / fork lift & dangerous goods licence highly desired - willingness to obtain
What We Offer You
Ventia have partnered with some reputable organisations to be able to offer discounts on Health Insurance, Banking (new home loans, credit cards, everyday bank accounts), flights & accommodation, car hire, car leasing and much more, we also offer the following:
- A flexible, supportive, and inclusive work environment where you matter.
- We take our people's careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow.
- There's nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe.
- We look after each other and foster our people's wellbeing.
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities.
We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
How to apply
If you are looking to expand your career with a business that rewards and values its employees, please apply below by clicking on the apply now button.
Position Reference Number: 144743