Location: Laverton North
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
About the role
Due to an increase of works, we are currently accepting applications for a Pavement Engineer to join our Western Roads Upgrade (WRU) project located out of Laverton North with expectations to work from the office and in the field when required.
The Pavement Engineer will be primarily responsible for the monitoring, design and analysis of pavement performance data and provide guidance in managing the whole of life cycle maintenance works for the pavement assets within the WRU portfolio.
The Pavement Engineer will also be responsible for providing technical expertise to assist in the development of the annual pavement resurfacing and rehabilitation works program.
As the successful candidate in this role, some of your core responsibilities will include;
- Manage data collection for pavements (FWD and condition surveys) and review of historical treatments
- Co-ordinate pavement investigations and testing
- Assist in the maintenance of pavement data Asset register update
- Liaise with DoT counterparts to obtain relevant information to improve asset intelligence
- Work with the Asset Data team to ensure data is up to date and enables analytics and information to knowledge
- Detailed works programming and provide scope of works to delivery teams
- Provide pavement maintenance and treatment advice
- Prepare pavement design reports to be reviewed by Senior Pavement Engineer
- Work with Routine Maintenance and Construction teams to assist in delivery and monitor progress
- Interpret pavement condition data validated in the field and enhance pavement performance modelling
- Quality assurance of works delivered
- Carry out inspections of the road network to develop condition profile of the network and reporting of network performance
Your experience should include but not limited to;
You will have a qualification in Civil / Structural Engineering and pavement engineering accompanied with experience ideally within Transport / Roads infrastructure with knowledge of pavement treatments, sealing and asphalting products and practices.
You will also possess:
- Experience in whole of life cycle asset management
- Understanding of with Road Management Act, Road Management Plan and asset maintenance works
- Expert knowledge in pavement design process, construction and maintenance best practice to advise on pavement treatments
- Pavement modelling skills not essential but highly regarded.
- Deep understanding of DTP design and construction standards
- Demonstrated understanding of Whole life cycle management of assets
- Ability to develop key understanding of client requirements and contractual obligations and the ability to further demonstrate those understandings by way of site meetings, client interactions and feedback sessions
What We Offer You
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and career growth, we have also partnered with some reputable organisations to be able to offer discounts on Health Insurance, Banking (new home loans, credit cards, everyday bank accounts), flights & accommodation, car hire, car leasing and much more.
How to Apply
Click the apply now and you will be redirected to our careers page to register your details.
Position Number: 15082