Mechanical Fitter - Rail
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
- Be a part of a reputable Airport Line Rail contract
- Take the next step in your career!
- Full-time permanent position – Milperra location
About the role
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Mechanical Fitter will provide maintenance inspections, assessments, and repairs across the related signal infrastructure. As we provide 24-hour coverage, they will be required to work on a day and night roster.
What’s on offer:
- Permanent site-based role
- Monday-Friday shift work (6am-6pm or 6pm-6am)
- Allowances as per Enterprise Agreement
- Stable, long-term employment opportunity
- Parking available on site
- Ventia have also partnered with some reputable organisations to be able to offer discounts on Health Insurance, Banking (new home loans, credit cards, everyday bank accounts), flights & accommodation, car hire, car leasing and much more
What you’ll be doing
- Complete routine inspections and maintenance activities to the mechanical infrastructure of the Airport Line
- Attend Mechanical failures on the Airport Line infrastructure, analyse, and report cause of failures
- After Hours Call-out Attendance to mechanical system failures and Incident affecting train services on the Airport Line
- Assist Ventia personnel undertake routine maintenance and repairs across Airport Line Track and Tunnel assets
- Assist in the development and ongoing improvement of maintenance plans and procedures, which may improve productivity or quality and/or reduce cost
- Trade qualified
- Experience in a Rail Maintenance contracting environment an advantage
- Ability to do shift work, weekends when required
- Current Drivers Licence
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
How to apply
If you are looking to expand your career with a business that rewards and values its employees, please apply below by clicking on the apply now button.
Position Reference Number: 148470