Senior Structures Engineer
Location: Laverton North
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
About the role
Due to an increase of works, we are currently accepting applications for a Senior Structures Engineer to join our Western Roads Upgrade (WRU) project located out of Laverton North with expectations to work from the office and in the field when required.
Reporting to the Network Asset Manager, the Senior Structures Engineer will be responsible for the management of the Structural Assets Team, overseeing approximately 200 structures within the WRU portfolio.
A major focus of the role will be the management of assets, inclusive of all issues and activities that influence the assets’ integrity within specified performance criteria as well as being a leader in promoting a positive and strong safety culture to the wider team.
Some of your core responsibilities will include;
- Oversee and co-ordinate all structural inspections required on the WRU contract (this includes level 1, 2 and 3 inspections, settlement monitoring program, cathodic protection monitoring)
- Procure, manage, and engage with Consultancies as required for specialist investigations and reports for the development of the FMRP
- Interpret structural inspection and consultants reports to develop the annual Forecast Maintenance and Refurbishment Plan (FMRP).
- Conduct field validation of structures to review condition data and validate maintenance treatment selection to ensure the safe operation of all structures within the portfolio
- Provide specialist advice to Routine Maintenance and Life Cycle teams to ensure the structural assets are maintained with whole of lifecycle cost in mind and monitor work progress
- Liaise with DoT counterparts to obtain relevant and required information to improve asset intelligence via the management of the Bridge Information System (BIS)
- Interpret structures condition data validated in the field and enhance performance modelling
- Manage the review and updating of Standard Operating Procedures, Management Plans and Management Manuals.
- Upskilling and training of the structural assets team
Your experience should include but not limited to;
You will have a qualification in Civil / Structural Engineering or Construction engineering accompanied ideally as a Certified Practicing Engineer (CPEng) (desirable) with extensive experience in bridge construction, structural engineering or similar field
You will also possess:
- Structures design, construction, maintenance and rehabilitation works
- Knowledge and experience working with DoT Road Structures Inspection and Maintenance manual
- Construction Induction Card (White Card) and Working at heights(desirable)
- Valid Driver’s Licence Class 1
- Medium to advanced computer literacy (internet, MS Office applications, database management, document control)
What We Offer You
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and career growth, we have also partnered with some reputable organisations to be able to offer discounts on Health Insurance, Banking (new home loans, credit cards, everyday bank accounts), flights & accommodation, car hire, car leasing and much more.
How to Apply
Click the apply now and you will be redirected to our careers page to register your details.
Position Number: 15078