Remote Coordinator / Cleaning
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
About the role
Ventia’s Defence Base Services (DBS) team are seeking an adaptable and supportive Remote Coordinator working within a well-established MPRS team who manage cleaning outcomes through subcontracted services.
Conveniently located at Campbell Barracks in Swanbourne, you will be required to oversee cleaning operations within the metro and remote areas to assist in delivering and maintaining an exceptional service for our client. You will be required to request vendor quotes, organise payments, follow work approval processes, all within narrow timeframes.
In addition, you will also provide effective and functional administrative support across the area of accommodation management, therefore your skills in administration and time management will see you succeed in this role.
Reporting directly into the Domestic Services Supervisor, you will act as the first point of contact for all incoming remote cleaning enquiries, assist with metro-based cleaning administration requirements and accommodation management duties. You will need to be confident when dealing with a range of people at different levels both internally and externally and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
You are a safety conscious supervisor who can motivate and ensure adherence to all applicable Safe Work Method Statements and procedures. You are accomplished at performing work at a supervisory level and inspiring others whether this is through inviting feedback, responding to concerns, conducting coaching sessions, demonstrating by example, keeping open and clear communication lines and being regularly involved in the day-to-day needs and operations of the business. In accordance with the business needs, you understand that you may be required to step in and fulfil the duties and responsibilities that are required of your staff, from time to time.
Key duties, but not limited to:
- Effectively plan and coordinate the work of subcontractors
- Organise subcontractor payments
- Inducting new staff to site
- Ensure compliance with company procedures
- Creating a safe and positive working environment, always leading by example
- Ensure all end of month reports are delivered in time
- Able to be hands on
- Experience managing small & large teams
- Effective communication skills and teamwork across all levels
- Some remote site travel required
- Other administrative and associated duties across miscellaneous service lines
Skills & experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role, ideally within Defence or similar operational environment
- Sound knowledge of the cleaning industry with a focus on customer service delivery
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Computer literacy and basic report writing skills
- Ability to work a rolling roster of morning and afternoon shifts as required
- Demonstrated ability to work alone, stay motivated and organise and prioritise competing demands and priorities
Other special conditions
The incumbent to this position must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Defence Security Clearance up to a level of negative vetting 1 (secret). As a result of this requirement the incumbent must be an Australian Citizen.
This position requires a National Police Clearance check and hold a valid Australian driver’s licence.
Ventia offers you a flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter. In addition, you will find a stimulating and rewarding working environment where we take our peoples careers seriously and help them to learn and grow.
This role comes with the added security of being offered as a permanent position with parking available on site.
About the company
Ventia is one of Australasia’s largest dedicated infrastructure service providers, Ventia is a new and dynamic organisation with a rich history. Our clients are the owners and operators of major infrastructure that is critical to our communities. No one else does exactly what we do in the way we do it. Making infrastructure work for our communities is at the heart of who we are and it’s what unites and excites us.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
How to apply
To apply please click on the "Apply" button to complete your application.
No matter who you are, we encourage you to apply for the job that’s right for you. We are keen to increase diversity across our business, so our workforce reflects the diverse communities in which we work.
Our current focus is on employing more women at all levels of our organisation.
Job Reference Number: 150836