Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
Ventia is a leading maintenance service provider supporting Australia’s Defence Force. We are currently on the lookout for skilled Mechanics to join our team based in the Bandiana Defence Base.
Expand your expertise on unique vehicles and equipment and collaborate with leading professionals across a range of disciplines. As part of our DMSS contract with the Australian Government Department of Defence, Ventia provide materiel maintenance support of land-based equipment for Joint Logistics Unit (JLU).
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintenance tasks including inspection, classification, diagnostics and repairs on Light, Medium and Heavy Vehicles.
- Replacing or repairing damaged and malfunctioning parts following inspections.
- Diagnosing problems and perform work of a technical nature on a wide range of vehicles.
- Adhering to all regulatory and contract specific requirements.
Skills and Experience:
- Be a trade qualified Heavy Vehicle Mechanic at Cert III or equivalent level. OR Be a trade qualified Plant Mechanic at Cert III.
- Methodical and highly skilled in time management.
- Hold a current Australian State or Territory open driver’s licence.
- Current HR licence is desirable.
- We will also look at candidates who have their Light Vehicle qualification and are currently obtaining their Heavy Vehicle Certification.
- Excellent work/life balance. Hours are 7am-3:45pm Monday-Thursday and 7am- 12 midday on Fridays.
- Access to Ventia's staff benefit plan.
- Competitive rates for the right candidate.
You must be an Australian citizen and be able to hold a defence clearance.
Position reference 150787