Class 2 Driver - Auckland (Henderson or Highbrook)
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
- Join one of the top best places to work in NZ!
- Join a growing crew for traffic management
- Enjoy a stable infrastructure contract and make a difference in daily lives
Work with Ventia! We are seeking an experienced Class 2 Driver to join our Auckland Transport Roads Maintenance contract in Henderson or Highbrook.
What’s in it for me?
- Permanent full-time work (40 hours)
- Opportunity to work across Auckland, Highbrook, or Henderson!
- We take our people’s careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow.
- There’s nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe.
- We look after each other and foster our people’s well-being.
This is a great opportunity for those who want to start a career in the traffic management industry.
- Potential for upskilling and career progressions
- Focus on progression to STMS level or into civil/construction
- Overtime rates after 45 hours
- Work with large NZ organizations
- Work within a friendly and skilled team
About the You and the Role
In this role, you will be mainly driving the truck but can also be involved in Traffic Control. As long as you are a Class 2 holder, we are happy to consider candidates without traffic control experience as training will be provided within the role. To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Valid NZ Class 2 Drivers Licence
- Relevant experience in road maintenance is an advantage
- Physically fit and willing to start work early
- Have own vehicle or transport to Highbrook or Henderson
- Be able to work unsupervised but also operate as a team member
There is a strong focus on meeting client expectations and providing high levels of customer service. You will need to have good communication skills, and a desire to go the extra mile.
Click on the APPLY NOW button found on this page. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to undergo a pre-employment medical (including a drug and alcohol check) and a Ministry of Justice check.