Location: New Zealand
Job Type: Full time
Ventia Pty Ltd
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
Ventia are a large, complex global organisation with a sizeable finance function. You will be joining a finance team that has a very strategic focus in driving value through the business. There will be opportunities for a high performer to grow professionally within the Transport Infrastructure division, and as our focus is on developing our people and promoting from within , there may also be opportunities to develop your career in some of our other divisional finance teams either in NZ, Australia or further afield. Training will be provided (initially on SAP if you are not already a user) and there will also be opportunities for flexible work patterns to accommodate your lifestyle. This role offers lots of project experience and lots of opportunities to challenge and develop yourself professionally. You don't need to be CA qualified but if you are working towards this qualification we are willing support you to obtain it.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a diverse, end to end, project accounting role responsible for the financial management of infrastructure projects in the Maintenance or Construction sectors.
The role is primarily focused on supporting the Project finance Manager to deliver finance excellence to projects, ensuring solid processes are in place for accurate reporting, timely insights to performance, and data integrity.
This role will also be an SME on accounting for transactions and will impart that understanding to the project team.
- Delivery of month-end results and analysis for construction and maintenance projects
- Support the ongoing maintenance and updating of the project forecasting and cost control tools to ensure accurate representation of the financial position of each project / contract.
- Ensure site progress is accurately captured through the use of project accounting tools such as cost-to-complete and Estimate at completions.
- Actively support the accurate capture of all labour and plant costs. Proactively investigate and report on personal and plant utilisation and productivity and drive initiatives to improve these metrics.
- Maintain focus on working capital balances for each project through timely submission of monthly claims and proactive chasing of debt / retentions.
- Develop proactive financial dashboards that will assist the project leadership team
- Provide insights into the financial performance of the project and communicate this to the project leadership team
- Assist in the identification of risks and opportunities for the project
- Contribute to monthly performance reports
- Review and action relevant items on the open purchase order, cost & revenue reports before and after month end with the collaboration of the Operations team and Finance Manager
- Process revenue/cost accruals and journals as directed by the Finance and Contract Managers.
- Adhere to monthly finance calendar and admin calendar timelines and deadlines
- Support Project Finance Manaer in month end review processes where required.
- Completion of ad hoc project work
It would be great if you had some previous experience in the construction industry but if you don't, some form of project accounting / administration experience will be sufficient. We’re more interested in your interpersonal skills and attitude as well as your experience. Formal qualifications are not essential however a finance / accounting degree will be advantageous.
You might be a commercial accountant who has project experience or you could be a project/finance administrator who has had exposure to project accounting or is keen to develop your project accounting skills. It would beneficial to have used SAP or some ERP system previously, but if you haven't we will provide training.
Required Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Previous project accounting experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Resilience and openness to change. A continuous improvement mindset
- Intermediate IT skills, especially excel. Exposure to SAP and Power BI will be advantageous, but is not essential.
WHAT MAKES YOU RIGHT FOR VENTIA?
- You’re a can-do person who goes above and beyond to get the job done.
- You put safety first.
- You share our values like integrity and excellence.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the “apply now” button found on this page.
For further information regarding this position please contact email@example.com
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to undergo a pre-employment medical as well as a police check.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success